News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

the new speedlight kit - more info please ?

Started by ninogui, February 13, 2020, 08:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninogui

Hello everyone,

I am an it tech in Lisbon and have programmed synths in the past (way back - ensoniq esq1 would you believe that?)
I am starting to explore my (hobby) drumming abilities and totally fallen for the drummit 3 / 5 concept and sounds - unimpressed with roland sounds and there´s no midi in. As a pc programmer I totally dig the system after reading the latest user manual.
So I would like to start with a non overboard ($) kit but including one of the 2box units.

This speedlight kit would fit the bill, including all but a throne, but info is so scarce ! there´s no online quick guide other than the unit people know.- no videos, no instructions or unboxing, nothing ! that´s it..  how can anyone launch a product like this ? beyond me.

Now I have read in a close by thread this is apparently build by a Thai manufacturer (4 ply snare + toms I read somewhere ?), so putting aside the main unit my urgent questions regarding the kit if anyone can hint or help :

- I have seen a bunch of videos on the older orange kit. Although wobbly it sounded like it triggered pretty well, seemed to allow good hand sensitivity  and sounded good too (of course). Should I expect something similar for this one, or a lower / higher spec overall ?

- This is an apartment so noise control is paramount. I don´t see any video depicting the outer noise of the kick (hitter seems like a ball so maybe not too much noise?) nor the hi hat pedal - as I said there´s no kit video whatsoever and I don´t speak thai.. What can I expect in terms of noise comparing to any other brand that can be checked out ?

-  Has anyone tried and tested triggering ranges for all the pads in this kit ? how they behave ?

- If I just go ahead and buy a cheaper 5 mk1 unit and order the 32gb card mod (from a distinguished member) with the newer operating system there will be no triggering problems, the headphone volume can be dettached  and it will basically function as 3 unit but with more outputs is that so ?

- I´d really like to avoid buying a compact home setup with a great unit but crappy kit... on the other hand one of these units plus separate roland components will double this speedlight kit cost. I wonder if it justifies ? (going back to my first questions)

thks in advance for replying, sorry for the long post.

ANGR77

Hi!

I had the chance to play on the speedlight kit for some minutes about a month ago.

My feeling was that it did not feel like a cheap kit. (It is a Chinese vendor who has produced it - not Thai)

The toms and snare triggered extremely well. I have used the hi-hat for several weeks and it is not more noisy compared to any Roland hi-hats etc. It is abit ATV look alike. The cymbals was great.

Hard to in general if it was a noisy kit...I don’t recall. But worth the money...

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

edcito

Quote- If I just go ahead and buy a cheaper 5 mk1 unit and order the 32gb card mod (from a distinguished member) with the newer operating system there will be no triggering problems, the headphone volume can be dettached  and it will basically function as 3 unit but with more outputs is that so ?

No, there's some new circuitry in the drumit 3 board that allows to use other pads from roland, yamaha and others, it's more than a OS update.

roel

Can anybody tell me if there is a 2box Speed-
Light kit manual? Where can I get it?

What are the best trigger settings for the new speedlight hihat?

ANGR77

Hi!

I was checking everywhere, but I cant find any manual for the speedlight. However - the module is a Three...there are manual available for this...and I think I have seen a HW manual...but I can't find it...:-) (Not included in the 2box image)

If you use the included Speedlight.dkit file...you find that the hi-hat pad has the following settings:

PAD
Type: hihat
Gain: 0
Sens: -36
Mask: off
Curve: Norm
Xtalk: Off
This is single zone pad.

HCAL
hhtyp: 2box (It is a magnet based hi-hat)
Curve: Neg2
Sens: -5
midi: cc4
Poffset: 9633
Pfact: 22
HPos: Off

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com / Great hi-hat and ride conversions for 2box, Roland, ATV, ddrum 4se, Professional samples, Cables and e-sticks!
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

ANGR77

Drummer70

Hello

My Speedlight Hihat does not work well (any longer). I tasted all recommended settings. it seems that the controller has somehow given up. The hihat stops in some POFF.  What about the RAW setting? Does anyone have a recommendation for the RAW-Setting for the speedlight hihat, Or is it the same settings for a 2box hihat as described in the manual (600-650)?