News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Alternative Mode KAT Percussion now using the Drumit Three

Started by Jman, January 18, 2020, 05:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jman

I stopped by the KAT booth at NAMM and talked a bit with Mario (great guy I've known for years). He set me up on the DrumKat XL ... pretty nice to play. I noticed right away the sounds were Very Good ... very acoustic sounding .... I didn't realize til later when Alan Leibowitz pointed it out that the new KAT sound module on display is actually a Drumit 3 rebranded .... a very good match up really for Alternative Mode... With the Open Sound Source architecture Mario can built and load all his own samples/instruments into it. Apparently what he is doing. And the module is setup already ..... for example ... plug in the new TrapKat XL and all the pads are assigned, trigger parameters are set .... Plug n Play.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

tsss27

This is a great partnership if you ask me, and Mario is indeed a great guy.

One thing I would like to know is, I had heard that the goal was to use this not only with their TrapKat but also with their mallet controllers. If this is accurate information (it wasn't from the company,) then the module would have a different sample architecture so that more sounds could be triggered per patch; you won't get several octaves of pitched notes from a standard DI3 kit. I'd love to know if this is the case or if it's misinformation; Kurzweil had discontinued the module they were previously selling for all their controllers, so it has me wondering.

I'm also curious what sounds he's producing for it, how deeply-sampled they are, etc. Not a lot of info on this yet though.

Jman

Quote from: tsss27 on March 14, 2020, 03:13:26 AM
This is a great partnership if you ask me, and Mario is indeed a great guy.

One thing I would like to know is, I had heard that the goal was to use this not only with their TrapKat but also with their mallet controllers. If this is accurate information (it wasn't from the company,) then the module would have a different sample architecture so that more sounds could be triggered per patch; you won't get several octaves of pitched notes from a standard DI3 kit. I'd love to know if this is the case or if it's misinformation; Kurzweil had discontinued the module they were previously selling for all their controllers, so it has me wondering.

I'm also curious what sounds he's producing for it, how deeply-sampled they are, etc. Not a lot of info on this yet though.
Contact Mario at Alternative Mode for more specifics.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/