News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

OS update available 1.34.10

Started by edcito, January 13, 2020, 02:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edcito

From http://2box-drums.com/support/

OS 1.34.10 Jan 10 2020
This OS is compatible with DrumIt5 and DrumIt Three.
* If a Hihat Calibration  is performed the new calibration can now be saved in the UNIT file (Press UNIT-SAVE?).
* Fixed the issue with hihat opening value on kit change - now the opening value remains the same as stored in a KIT. (Finally!!!!)
* Added auto-set of decay value to "INF" in case a loop sound is selected for a channel.
* Cymbal choke is now active when a "HOLD" value is activated.
* A Crosstalk ( XTLK ) feature is added for Tom and Snare Channels to minimize crosstalk between Head and Rim.

welshsteve

My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

ANGR77

It is great OS version! The xtalk function between head/rim is a very good improvement for the users that experienced problems in the previous version with the separation and ghost notes.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Jman

This prolly applies to very few users .... but I did the OS update yesterday on my D3 and D5 modules. On the D3 I did the HH calibration and that went fine, showing DONE. But when I would move the pedal NOTHING happened .... So, just as a reminder: Because the New OS remembers your previous HH settings: I had been using my Aux HH on the D3 as a Fixed Hat with a certain degree of openness .... I had to go to where I had set it as Fixed and change that .... then everything worked as expected .... That stumped me for a little while ;D

I think the new Xtalk settings for Head/Rim articulations are better. I haven't done a lot of experimenting with it yet, but initially it seems to work better than the previous LXTR Xtalk settings.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

ANGR77

:-) The fixed hh pedal setting can really make you go bananas...seeking errors...

I think all settings are stored in each dkit file nowadays.

There is a manual up on the website for the new xtalk function:

http://2box-drums.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Crosstalk-manual-for-OS-1.34.10.pdf

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

rush1234

I have the jman conversion system with vh11 that works fantastic im still running the previous OS will I run in to problems  (new calibration) because it works fine now.   but I am thinking about a 2box trigit on ebay to have a acoustic snare conversion and for what I read in the new manual this could be good idee to have the new OS.

greetings

Frank

Jman

Quote from: rush1234 on January 16, 2020, 09:33:39 PM
I have the jman conversion system with vh11 that works fantastic im still running the previous OS will I run in to problems  (new calibration) because it works fine now.   but I am thinking about a 2box trigit on ebay to have a acoustic snare conversion and for what I read in the new manual this could be good idee to have the new OS.

greetings

Frank
I did the OS update as stated above and tested with my 2Box HH stand conversion kit. It worked for both the D3 and D5 modules with no problem.

Nico

Quote from: ANGR77 on January 13, 2020, 08:02:11 PM
It is great OS version! The xtalk function between head/rim is a very good improvement for the users that experienced problems in the previous version with the separation and ghost notes.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Unfortunately not to me. I am only able to get perfect results on my 10 inch tom with the new xtalk function, 12 and 14 inch head frequently triggers the rim. I checked the manual to try different settings (LP/HP). Back to 1.32.4 gives no problems LXTR set vHigh.
Diamond drums with center piezo moved to the side (still mounted on the plastic disc) using drumtec design 2-ply mesh.

Jman

Quote from: Nico on January 20, 2020, 08:07:34 PM
Unfortunately not to me. I am only able to get perfect results on my 10 inch tom with the new xtalk function, 12 and 14 inch head frequently triggers the rim. I checked the manual to try different settings (LP/HP). Back to 1.32.4 gives no problems LXTR set vHigh.
Diamond drums with center piezo moved to the side (still mounted on the plastic disc) using drumtec design 2-ply mesh.
Did you also try this?:
X-ADJ: Boosts the Trigger preference for the current sensor (Head/Rim) if X-TLK sound is triggered on
Head/Rim

Nico

Quote from: Jman on January 20, 2020, 08:21:29 PM
Did you also try this?:
X-ADJ: Boosts the Trigger preference for the current sensor (Head/Rim) if X-TLK sound is triggered on
Head/Rim
Hi, yes I played with these adjustments (to max 12db) on head and rim. I believe boosting the head would be required in case the unwanted rim sound is heard.

Nico

Few weeks later OS1.36.1 already available but no improvement on x-talk head/rim. Keeping 1.32.4...

ANGR77

There where a couple of bugs fixed in 1.36.1 and some kind of adoption to 2box OEM vendors...

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

edcito

Quote from: ANGR77 on February 13, 2020, 11:22:19 PM
some kind of adoption to 2box OEM vendors...

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean

edcito

Quote from: Jman on January 20, 2020, 08:21:29 PM
Did you also try this?:
Head/Rim

We need more clarification as to what this X-ADJ does since it's in dB... Boosts the trigger preference I think they meant increase the volume of the current sensor.
Also one thing I notice is you cannot turn on the rim x-tlk if the head x-tlk is off. Once head x-tlk is on, the rim x-tlk turns itself automatically on.