News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

4 crash cymbals?

Started by Dobly, December 28, 2019, 04:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobly

It is possible with the D3 to run CYMB1A as two separate crash cymbals? It's a stereo plug and it has 2 different sounds coming out of them in some cases. 

I made a spliter cable and tried two 1 zone cymbals. One did not make any sound at all. The other sounded like it was choaked the moment I hit it.

Seems it's not possible with CYMB1A.

Would it be possible with addition of CYMB1B?  My 2 zone Alesis cymbals only use CYMB1A currently so I don't know what CYMB1B is for.

How can I run 4 single zone crash cymbals on the D3?

Jman

Quote from: Dobly on December 28, 2019, 04:20:48 AM
It is possible with the D3 to run CYMB1A as two separate crash cymbals? It's a stereo plug and it has 2 different sounds coming out of them in some cases. 

I made a spliter cable and tried two 1 zone cymbals. One did not make any sound at all. The other sounded like it was choaked the moment I hit it.

Seems it's not possible with CYMB1A.

Would it be possible with addition of CYMB1B?  My 2 zone Alesis cymbals only use CYMB1A currently so I don't know what CYMB1B is for.

How can I run 4 single zone crash cymbals on the D3?
The second cymbal inputs only work in conjunction with the first ... IE: for 3 zone type cymbals like a Roland Cy-15R for example. You can use a standard Insert splitter like the Hosa YPP-117 to split the Tom inputs though.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/