News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New 2Box Speed Light Kit

Started by edcito, December 04, 2019, 02:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRBubaG

Hi all just got a login for forum.

I'm interested in the hi hat performance of speedlight kit as I've not been able get decent results from my roland cy5 & FD8.
I've seen one vendor online selling a speedlight cymbal set ( HH, Crash, ride) which might be a solution even though I don't really need the crash and ride but I'd guess they will all work fine right out the box.

ANGR77

Quote from: MRBubaG on February 09, 2021, 12:50:36 PM
Hi all just got a login for forum.

I'm interested in the hi hat performance of speedlight kit as I've not been able get decent results from my roland cy5 & FD8.
I've seen one vendor online selling a speedlight cymbal set ( HH, Crash, ride) which might be a solution even though I don't really need the crash and ride but I'd guess they will all work fine right out the box.

Welcome to the forum!
Which 2box module are you using with your cy5/fd-8? If three or five mk2...you should get quite descent results out of the box. The hi-hat included in the speedlight kit is a magnet based 1 zone implementation which performs quite well.

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

MRBubaG

Hi, I'm using the cy5 & FD 8 with the five mk11 module but have not been able to find a setting I'm happy with.
On closing the pedal the foot splash sound is way too hot. My gain is at zero.
I've also struggled to get good bell response from a roland cy 13r so I might take the plunge and go for the speedlight cymbal pack and move the Cy13 to be a crash and the cy5 to be another input (tambourine or something).