News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Snare RIM and Ride BELL - 'Missing'?

Started by TheROTH, November 05, 2019, 09:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheROTH

Can anyone tell me what the Drummit-3 MIDI or input is for the following:

Snare Drum - RIM

Ride Cymbal - BELL

I have a DDT MS-140 E-Snare and a Yamaha PCY-155A 3-zone cymbal, being used as a ride.

If I can get this bit sorted, I stand a chance of actually seeing it in Superior Drummer 3, which obviously I don't!

I don't even know where to look for these inputs in the selections.

ANGR77

Hi!

Does your pads work ok with the drumit three?

Can you here the bell and rim when running the sound from DI3?

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

TheROTH

Pads work fine.

I wouldn't know where to 'run the sound' from Drummit-3......HELP!

ANGR77

:-)

If You hit the bell on your pad connected to your DI3...do you hear the bell sound in your headphones connected to your DI3?

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

TheROTH

No!

Sorry, I thought you meant there was a function on Drumit-3 to replicate the sound.

But no, that is my problem - I am not hearing the sound at all - from both the ride bell and snare rim.

Thanks,

MW

ANGR77

Ok.

1. Go in to the unit mode...by pressing “unit” on DI3.
2. Hit your DDT MS-140...and see if snare is showing up as selected pad.
3 go to trig page (by pressing pgdn on DI3.
4. Is your setting PADPP? If not...change to PADPP.
5. If you hit your rim now - can you hear anything?
6. Press shift + trigger...(to select the rim settings) / does the trigger type show up as “Rim”?
7, if not, change to “rim”
8. Does the rim work now?
9. If yes...don’t forget to save...

If you get this working...do the same thing with the cymbal...the right setting is CYPSY for this pad type.

Best regards

Anders

TheROTH

Quote from: ANGR77 on November 06, 2019, 10:43:36 PM
Ok.

1. Go in to the unit mode...by pressing “unit” on DI3.
2. Hit your DDT MS-140...and see if snare is showing up as selected pad.
3 go to trig page (by pressing pgdn on DI3.
4. Is your setting PADPP? If not...change to PADPP.
5. If you hit your rim now - can you hear anything?
6. Press shift + trigger...(to select the rim settings) / does the trigger type show up as “Rim”?
7, if not, change to “rim”
8. Does the rim work now?
9. If yes...don’t forget to save...

If you get this working...do the same thing with the cymbal...the right setting is CYPSY for this pad type.

Best regards

Anders

Thanx, Anders!  Will give it a try.

Hopefully when this is sorted, I will see these 'transmit' (via MIDI) to my Superior Drummer 3.  And that will be another issue.  SD3 doesn't recognise the same MIDI notes despite what's in the manual :-(

TheROTH

ANGR77

Hi! Sorry - i mean the more key...when referring to shift.

Yes, this is the idea - if you can hear the rim and bell on your 2box...then it will most probably also send some midi notes also. But solve this first before you extend your project.

Anders / www.zourman.com

TheROTH

OK, think this is all sussed now. 

And a mapping issue within Superior Drummer 3 (SD3).

Still some confusion over this mapping as the snare F2 and snare rim F2# comes into the SD3 as F1 and F1#.

ANGR77

Ok. So got the sounds working on the bell and rim? Straight from the DI3 module?

Regarding your midi map in SD3...there could be a generic transport function that lowers the midi input by 1 octave. But you could easy change this by go into unit mode...hit the snare...and use pagedown to go down to intf page. There you see the note number for the snare...if you lower that from F2 to what’s needed in SD3. If you add 12 steps to this value...you will go to F3...etc.

Check the manual on page 52-53... http://2box-drums.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/DrumIt-Thrree-Manual-English-1.32.pdf

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com