News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New drummit 5

Started by Slamstick, November 27, 2019, 12:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nocturnodrummer

How does the 2box addresses the compatibility issue from the sd cards? Is there an exact information somewhere in the manual? I mean what has changed since the previous modules? Do they provide a list? Or provide an option to buy a card through official channels but with a doubled price?  ;D

ANGR77

Hi!

I think the reseller Trumslagaren in Sweden got a couple from a pre-production but 2box are producing units right now for the rest of the world.

So the deliveries will start soon...and Hoshino/Tama is the disti for the US.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

edcito

So, how does the SD Card slot work? What do you have to do for it to boot from the inserted SD Card and not the internal one? Also, why don't you upload the new kits already? It's the least you can do :-p

ANGR77

Quote from: edcito on February 19, 2020, 08:08:09 AM
So, how does the SD Card slot work? What do you have to do for it to boot from the inserted SD Card and not the internal one? Also, why don't you upload the new kits already? It's the least you can do :-p

The card slot is the internal one...so yes...you are booting on the card slot.

No uploads here...it is not my content...and 2box will probably publish it soon on their site. :-)
But the new kits sounds great!

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

edcito

QuoteNo uploads here...it is not my content

I thought 2box was open source? Last year I uploaded the drumit 3 card contents as soon as I got it and nobody flinched....

ANGR77

2box is an open sound system. However, the sounds are 2box IP...and belongs to 2box and we as users are lucky to be able to use them for free.

But I can’t post 2box sounds here...that would be unlegal ...:-)

And I prefer to get the sounds from the source...and they have even added more sounds now which my pre-unit don’t have.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

ninogui

Hello everyone

32GB + sdcard slot up to 64GB - can anyone say if the new 5/MKII is usb (at least) 2.0 ?

I am almost sure it hasn´t but just to confirm is there, or will there ever be midi over usb ?

thks

edcito

Quote from: ninogui on February 23, 2020, 02:08:41 AM
Hello everyone

32GB + sdcard slot up to 64GB - can anyone say if the new 5/MKII is usb (at least) 2.0 ?

I am almost sure it hasn´t but just to confirm is there, or will there ever be midi over usb ?

thks

it doesn't have a USB port. All is done with the card in your computer.

rpb1966

Anyone know where I can get the DrumIt5 MkII module from, I have had no luck so far.

Cheers

Russ

edcito

Quote from: rpb1966 on February 29, 2020, 01:03:58 PM
Anyone know where I can get the DrumIt5 MkII module from, I have had no luck so far.

Cheers

Russ

Thomann and drumtec confirmed modules will arrive in April, until then only trumslagaren has it. But expensive because of 25% swedish VAT...

Mannymac

Got mine today from GAK in the UK and couldn't be happier.

Only problem is my Roland FD-9 Hi-Hat controller seems to be non compatible.
Has anyone had any luck with this controller and the drumit three?

roel

Ok so here it is the new 2box module Drumit 5 version 2.
As a 2box Drumit 3 owner I'am not impressed with how the new module looks.
It has the looks of the Drumit 3 module, only more buttons.

+ card slot up to 64GB   
+2 more outputs

- still it has the same small display as the Drumit 3
-where are the faders still no faders...
-more level volume controls would be nice.
-no bleutooth
-Ambience options?
-better trigger settings for each pad.
-hihat triggering (setting up the hihat easier).

I was hoping on a more spectacular module from 2box...
apart from that its not a bad module but they could have made it a lot better...
and a easier menu structure  like the Roland modules would be better.

Slamstick

I hate to be the bearer of bad news , but I  heard from a reliable source to not expect this module in the U S til 2021

drummologo

about the display still too small and hieroglyphic to understand .... you couldn't create a yamaha dtx 400 app to connect usb, then you take a smartphone and keep it close to the module to make the various adjustments ....