News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Superior Drummer or BFD2?

Started by Frankly, October 15, 2010, 03:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankly

I've converted to Mac and will now buy Apple's Logic Express (or Pro) and I will also get some good drum software to map to my 2Box kit for recording.
I have no experience with Superior Drummer or BFD2 but from what I understand both are very good. What software would you get and why? Any thoughts?!
Thx.

Frankly

Ok, no answers yet....  :'(

I've read that the Superior Drummer is very easy to use and were developed with e-drums in mind.
Is BDF2 that much harder working with or is it similar approach to use it with the 2Box kit?
I really like the sound from BDF2 Deluxe (http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=3&tab=25) but I also want a fairly easy tool to work with, mapping all drums etc.

I need some advice here. Anyone?

/A

MarkuZ

This is a 2 Box forum and not a Toontrack or fxpansion forum, thats maybe the reason for the bad response to your question.
I have both of them and like both,but with SD you get easier and faster good results in Sound. In Bfd there is by default a very rough sound. You have to use the mixer and compressors like in a real studio-environment, but I like the mappingfeature in Bfd more.
And finally SD run faster with less latency than the resourcekiller App BFD2!
Hope that helps!

Markuz

Frankly

Thx Markuz! My question was of course intended to the 2Box and how well it worked with SD2.0 or BFD2.

Anyhow, I bought the SD2.0 (since many thinks it's easier and sounds very good as well) and have just installed it and trying to map it up to my kit. I've also ordered the Joe Barresi Evil Drums expansion kit and will probably get it this week.

Dagger

Quote from: Frankly on October 25, 2010, 07:31:18 PM
Thx Markuz! My question was of course intended to the 2Box and how well it worked with SD2.0 or BFD2.

Anyhow, I bought the SD2.0 (since many thinks it's easier and sounds very good as well) and have just installed it and trying to map it up to my kit. I've also ordered the Joe Barresi Evil Drums expansion kit and will probably get it this week.

Check this post if you want settings for SD 2.0 and 2Box
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,418.msg5243.html#msg5243

Frankly

Thx Dagger - I've gone through that post some times now and I'm getting better and better mapping for my 2Box kit.
I've still got some issues with my hihat and the cymbal-zones but I'll get them good as well.