News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

"Ping" in the ride-channel

Started by Atterl, December 22, 2019, 10:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atterl

Hello everybody
I would be happy if you can help me. In April I bought a new "drumit three" module. I actually want to use it as a second set for smaller locations in my cover band. However, I don't dare to go on stage yet. On the whole, the functions are ok, but the device produces a single "ping" at irregular intervals at the entrance to the ride. (Even when the cable is pulled!)
Now I have received a replacement device from service sales. The same problem with the new device. Has anyone of you similar experiences? I would also be interested in how stable the "drumit three" works on stage. Here in the forum you usually only read about problems, but there are certainly people who have positive things to say, right?
Thanks in advance for your help!
(I play it on Roland hardware, with AD sounds via Lustark SDSE, with original 4GB card)

welshsteve

Sounds like to me, without hearing it, that you might have to raise the threshold on the ride a little. I used to get sporadic pings (and a mate's module also) raising threshold a little rids it of that. The module is mistaking static noise and producing a quiet tap.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Atterl

Thank you welshsteve,
I will try it out!
However, I have to mention that after switching off the device and switching it on again, the error often no longer occurs.
(It was the same with the first device.)

welshsteve

Oh, that's bit different. Though I would raise threshold a bit. Tell me, have you set the gain structure up correctly?

It's an obvious question, but one I have to ask. For the sake of argument, set the gain on the bow to where only your hardest hits register a -3Bd or even a 0bd reading. Then the lightest taps, raise threshold until lightest hits don't trigger, then take it back down a few notches until they do again.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!