News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

ATV 18" ride issue

Started by Dobly, December 08, 2019, 05:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobly

Hi

I recently got a new ATV 18" ride to go with my Drumit 3 module.

But default the ride cymbal sounds are on Cym 2, 'a' and 'b'.

At least that it what I thought.

This cymbal as 2 outputs.. They are labeled Edge and Cup.

If I plug Edge into Cym2 A, I get a nice ride sound.

If I plug Cup into Cym2 B, The whole ride thinks it is a Hi Hat!!! An setting I made to that ride at that time effect the hi hat settings.

What is going on?? Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

ANGR77

Hi!

What OS are you using?

If you hit your ride when in "Unit" more - (Settings mode)
and then goes down in the menu - using pgdn…

what settings are you using?

The found best settings for Roland CY-15R/ATV aD-H18:

• TYPE: CYPSB
  • GAIN 15H
  • Thres: -36
  • Curve Norm
  • XTALK Off

Please note â€" to be able to change the ¤L, M or H…press down “more” + the rotating knob when at the gain field)

Cable Connections:

• The e-cymbal bow/edge goes in to cymbal input 1, 2 or 3 A
  • The e-cymbal bow/bell goes in to cymbal input 1, 2 or 3 B

Please make sure that a 3 zone ride sound has been assigned for the actual 2box input. A +++ indicates that a 3 zone sound has been assigned

Have a look in my manual - The settings for ATV 18" should be like Roland CY-15R.
https://zourman.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/ZD_HH_Three_10.pdf

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Dobly

Thanks for all your suggestions ANGR77.. But I have worked out the issue.

There is a problem with my 'in rack' wiring. All my pads plug into the rack. That is a topic worthy of it's own tread.. But in a nutshell..... i ran the CUP on the ride directly to the module with a stereo cable. It worked perfectly first go..

I need now a lazy Sunday, a multi meter and probably a soldering iron to work this out and get it fixed. Something is shorting, somewhere. The issue is between CYM 2B and HH 1.

There are bits on my set up easy to test and fix.. There are others that are attached to the rackpipes, that I swore would never have to come off. The nuts are glued in. I'll have to drill them off..

For example. The Cable Snake I have already tested.. It plugs into a DB37 connector that it in the middle of the Rack pipe and a nightmare to get off.

Dobly

mmm.. The plot thickens. I have tested all the connections.. CYM2B is not shorting with HH1.

HH1 is on pin 5 on my connector. And pin 5 on row 2 of the connector. 
Cym2B is on pin 6. Top and bottom rows on the connector.

If there was a short, it would be easy to spot here with the multimeter.

I check the cable snake, the DB37 plug between pins 5 and 6, top and bottom and all round.

Then I checked from the cable in HH1, with the cable in Cym2B. There is no short there.

Now it gets weird..

I unplugged the HH completely and tried the Ride.. It worked perfectly.

I then plugged the HH back in, AND it worked perfectly too.

They are both working correctly now.. This was either a module glitch or a intermittent issue with the wiring. Both seem unlikely.. The module seems pretty solid and wiring usually works or doesn't. Anyway, this is fixed now..

welshsteve

Hope you got this sorted and it doesn't happen again but I just wanna say, I really admire your cabling! Wow!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

ANGR77

Quote from: Dobly on December 08, 2019, 05:07:39 AM
Hi

I recently got a new ATV 18" ride...

If I plug Edge into Cym2 A, I get a nice ride sound.

What is going on?? Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

:-) But never mentioned that you were running it all through a special cabling with a 37 pin d-sub...

Hard to guess problems here without knowing the environment...:-)

However, I am glad you worked it out!

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Dobly

Quote from: ANGR77 on December 09, 2019, 06:02:08 PM
:-) But never mentioned that you were running it all through a special cabling with a 37 pin d-sub...

The next day the issue returned.. And i fix it. Turned out to be an intermittent short between CYM2B and HH1.. I had to remove the  37 pin d-sub plug to fix it. I recall when I started this project that was the first rack connector I added.. I got better at it as I went around the kit. :)