News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit 3 with Jobeky. Rim troubleshooting.

Started by Ryanbell44, September 04, 2019, 04:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryanbell44

Hey guys I’ve searched but can’t seem to find my exact problem.
Does anyone have Jobeky drums?
Basically I’m having issues with the rims triggering whenever I hit the main drum.
Mainly on the snare and high Tom.
I’m sick of messing with settings.
There’s nothing more distracting than when you go to burst into a chorus to have your snare backed with an audible cross stick.
Can anyone tell me settings to try?
I feel like I’ve tried a lot.
Look forward to hearing some tips or being redirected and told to bigger off lol

welshsteve

One of the trigger types (can't think of it off hand) is excellent for snare for rimshot. I.e. A DSND with rimshot on the rim sample. If however you want the rim to be a cross stick only you'd have to be more accurate with hitting centre and make sure the cross talk/threashold settings for the rim are optimum so that centre hits don't trigger the rim and vice versa.

If you want the ability to have centre, rimshot and cross stick (as I did) with a standard trigger pad (piezo centre and rim) I suggest setting the snare trigger for optimum rim shot (so sorry can't think of the trigger type, but gonna guess its PadPS) and have something like a Roland BT1 on the rim for cross stick but plugged into a separate trigger input, if you have any. If you don't, many split one of the inputs of a tom and use the rim trigger input for that. Any would do, my choice would be the floor tom rim trigger in as, well, I honestly don't ever feel the need to trigger a floor tom rim or have anything triggered from it. 

The only pad that does all three from a single cable is a Yamaha XP120SD or the older TP120SD pads which achieve this extremely well.

I hope this is of some help to you.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

ANGR77

Hi!

I would guess that the Jobeky Drums and triggers are of the type PADPP. (Dual piezos for head/rim)

Check that both head and rim (for rim press more and then on the trigger button) have the PADPP or rim setting. Lower sensitivity on the rim. 36 is standard bring it down a bit...and raise the crosstalk value. Try again...it should not be too hard to get a decent triggering.

Best regards

Anders / Zourman.com 

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com