News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

EQ on individual drums/cymbals

Started by JoeyD, September 04, 2019, 02:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeyD

What am i missing? When I change my EQ settings for my kick.. it also changes every drum...  I cant individually do each drum...

Help!

edtc

you can use EQ for the whole kit , or for one single drum .... but there's not an Eq for each channel .

JoeyD

How do i do one drum at at time? example... when i eq the kick.. it changes the snare, toms..everything..
Im not worried about seperate channels, i sub out to the board and eq there... I just want to eq the drums separately, get my sound in the brain for EACH drum.

nocturnodrummer

You don't get it. The module has ONE EQ, you can use it only once. Either on all of the drums or on just one of them. You can't EQ more than one channel individually. If you use if for example on the snare, you can't use a different EQ on the kick etc.

JoeyD

Obviously i didnt get it Nocturno.. thats why i asked again..
Your explanation was great.. thanks...

If you only had responded w everything but the "you dont get it' crap.

nocturnodrummer

I didn't mean to come of as offensive , english is not my first language. If that's the case, I'm sorry that you feel offended, that was not my intention. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. And when it comes to my answer, I may be wrong. Manual indicates that you can use one EQ setting for many channels/drums but you can't have different EQ setting for different channels. I don't have the module with me to check it out. If you want to apply EQ for a certain drum, select DRUM option under the BUS setting in the EQ-Kit page. Furthermore, as you can see, internal EQ has its limitations and im my opinion, it's quite useless. I recommend you dive into the VST realm and shape the sound of the drums inside the plugin, then export it with SDSE. Happy drumming!