News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Download all soundfiles from 2box-drums.com

Started by ddude, August 28, 2019, 03:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddude

Hi All

Could not find a way for downloading all the sounds from 2box-drums.com and doing it all manually is a boring job, so i made this batch file for downloading then all. Don't know how this works on other platforms but this one is for windows..

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Hielko/2box-download-all/master/GetAll2BoxSounds.bat

Download, put it in a folder, get wget (see link in the file) and run the script.

edcito

More info needed, put what in a folder? run the script where?

emilianoheyns

This will also do it:

wget -r -A zip --accept-regex '(/content/|/sounds/|/uploads/)' https://2box-drums.com/sounds/

ANGR77

I tried the scripts supplied above - and actually none of them did work on my systems. Anybody that really succeeded with these scripts?

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

halftime

Quote from: ANGR77 on August 07, 2021, 06:01:10 AM
I tried the scripts supplied above - and actually none of them did work on my systems. Anybody that really succeeded with these scripts?

The wget command by emilianoheyns seems to work on my Linux desktop. I would guess that on a Windows machine, you need to check at least that wget is installed and maybe change "wget" to "wget.exe" if using PowerShell.

The original script is a bit problematic because it has all individual file paths hard-coded in it. If any new files have appeared after it was created, you would need to manually find them and then add them to the script. The regex approach is more elegant even though it has the small annoyance that it also downloads other stuff than just the sound files.

mrkevin111

Thanks for the tip! I was able to do this pretty easily on my mac...

Question - I wound up with 676 folders downloaded (matches the count on the site), but not 676 DSND files - anyone else notice this?

ANGR77

I finally tried the script on a Linux based raspberry pi ...(it works) but after checking the results...it has only downloaded about 60-70 zipped dsnd files.

So there seems to be hidden folders on the 2box site....which the script does not see

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com