News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box is 3box...

Started by jw-smaal, October 09, 2010, 11:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcprod

I did not send him a PM. I was just curious really.

Personally I like the look of the bass drum with the lighted name on the front, and everything seems to be working nicely.

I am just loving this kit so far.

;D

Baby Samus

Quote from: rcprod on January 09, 2011, 06:43:34 PM
I did not send him a PM. I was just curious really.

Personally I like the look of the bass drum with the lighted name on the front, and everything seems to be working nicely.

I am just loving this kit so far.

;D

Well if you want a response from him, best to send him a PM.  Sounds like you have the MK I base drum - if the rack and snare etc is MK II as you say, you should really ask for the MK II version, as it plays better than the MK I (even though its not as pretty - but if you get it converted you can keep the front plate and light - Scottie sent them back after converting my pad and now I'm going to keep it and hopefully mod it into a future bass drum :) )

rcprod

Is there a way to check if my drum pads are MKI or MKII? (snare and Tom pads)

Baby Samus

Quote from: rcprod on January 11, 2011, 01:06:41 PM
Is there a way to check if my drum pads are MKI or MKII? (snare and Tom pads)
Hi man,

Only major difference is the bass drum, rack and snare stand - don't think the actual tom and snare pads have changed much...

fishmonkey

i have heard that the newer snares have 5 o-rings securing the rim trigger (instead of 3).

apparently the material used for the rim trigger is being changed again, but i don't know if all MK II kits have the new material or not.

rcprod

All of my drum pads have the 5 O-Rings so they are MKII which is good.  :)

edcito

Quote from: rcprod on January 19, 2011, 11:30:53 PM
All of my drum pads have the 5 O-Rings so they are MKII which is good.  :)

Care to share a pic or two? i'm about to buy some pads and want to make sure they are MKII...

fishmonkey

if you look carefully in the area just between the edge of the mesh head and the rubber rim, you will see the o-rings that hold the rim in place. older pads only have 3.

edcito

Quote from: fishmonkey on April 20, 2011, 10:51:02 AM
if you look carefully in the area just between the edge of the mesh head and the rubber rim, you will see the o-rings that hold the rim in place. older pads only have 3.

Ah ok I get it, thanks. And the new ones are made of aluminum right?

fishmonkey

the main orange part of each pad has always been made of aluminium.

underneath the rubber rim is a thin trigger hoop that in early production kits was made of aluminium, but due to breakages has long since been made of polycarbonate plastic. if the pad has 5 o-rings there is no chance that the trigger hoop will be aluminium. note that you cannot see the trigger hoop without removing all the lugs and dismantling a pad.

edcito

Got it, thanks fishmonkey. Can't wait for my module to arrive! It's going to be a very looooooong weekend :-\