News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box is 3box...

Started by jw-smaal, October 09, 2010, 11:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jw-smaal

Just got my 2box drumit five MK2 kit today.  Mind you the box comes in 3 boxes apparantly.  I only go the pad box and stand box and the rest is still with the distributor.   Best to check it carefully if all the parts are in.

Nontheless managed to use my old hi-hat, snare stand and kick drum pedal and have a fully working set.   

This kit is great I love the dynamics.  Nothing like it.

Cheers  J-W, 

mandubien

Hey !

Welcome to this great forum !
So you got the new rack ?? What do you think about it ?

Best to you !

jw-smaal

The new rack is just fine, very lightweight yet still solid.  It's very quick to disassemble if you just take the pads off.   I have left off the wingnuts on the cymbals they were in the way when hitting the bell. 

I hope the balljoints are also available as spare parts as they seem easy to damage (but this is just my gut feeling; I have not been able to overstress them yet).

I had the ddrum 4 earlier and the hardware weighed a ton it had to as the pads were heavy (and noisy as well).

J-W,     

soultone

The new rack is great, i find it very solid, easy to adjust when needed and lightweight too. The only slight problem i have is that the position of the module mounting ( at top of the left upright leg), causes a lot of wobble due to the modules weight and the lack of support at the bottom of the leg. This is minor to me though! This kit throws everything else on the market out of the game at the moment, and i believe will do so for a while yet!

hefu

Quote from: jw-smaal on October 09, 2010, 06:40:26 PM
I have left off the wingnuts on the cymbals they were in the way when hitting the bell.     

From what I've heard, those are not to be included in the future. They ARE in the way, and it's not like the cymbals ever will come loose.
My ride cymbal "stand" is also cut down, so I can play the bell anyway I want.

puttenvr

At this moment I play with a 2Box cymbal holder, which ends up in a spike
So there is no wingnut
It works perfect
It only looks like heavy metal  :rock:

rcprod

Well, 2Box is in 2 boxes again since I just received my kit a few weeks ago and the whole rig came in two boxes. (perhaps they are packing the items differently in various places?)

:drum1:

Scottie

Quote from: rcprod on December 21, 2010, 12:31:32 PM
Well, 2Box is in 2 boxes again since I just received my kit a few weeks ago and the whole rig came in two boxes. (perhaps they are packing the items differently in various places?)

Hi rcprod

Did you receive the snare, hihat, and pedals?

Thanks
Scott

Remi

Quote from: Scottie on December 21, 2010, 09:12:53 PM
Hi rcprod

Did you receive the snare, hihat, and pedals?

Are you surprised Scottie ? ;D

Scottie

Quote from: Remi on December 21, 2010, 09:19:19 PM
Are you surprised Scottie ? ;D

Hi Remi

Well if this is a MKII model then there should be a third box. So i just want to make sure that rcprod has received everything that he should have.

rcprod

Hi Scottie,

One box contained the pads (Kick, snare, 3 toms, 3 cymbals) and the module, and the second box contained the new MKII rack stand, snare stand, bass drum pedal, and hi-hat stand.

Hopefully everything I received is the MKII version. The bass drum has the black metal on the front with the lighted 2Box name on it which is interesting since your website shows the bass drum with no black front on it. Would you confirm which version of the bass drum is supposed to be shipped with the new MKII kits?

Thanks.

rcprod

Hi Scottie,

I'm still hoping to hear from you with regards to my question above.

Thanks.

Baby Samus

Quote from: rcprod on December 29, 2010, 01:17:32 PM
Hi Scottie,

I'm still hoping to hear from you with regards to my question above.

Thanks.

Its the winter holiday season in the U.K for many people, so Scottie may be on vacation...

rcprod

Is it still the winter holiday season?             

Baby Samus

Quote from: rcprod on January 08, 2011, 01:54:56 AM
Is it still the winter holiday season?             

That depends on how many days holiday you have booked - could be a week, could be two - who knows.  Have some patience - I'm sure scottie isn't just plain ignoring you.  Have you sent him a PM or are you just hoping he reads this post?