News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

16GB SDHC Memory Card

Started by dane, October 06, 2010, 12:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baby Samus

Quote from: Manfred on January 20, 2011, 10:26:03 PM
At the german drummerforum AA_ wrote that Rik confirmed this feature first and afterwards Bengt said that this feature will not come. But he also said there will be another solution for better utilization of the memory.

So once more the only thing we can do is waiting......

Manfred

Ah well its not an original feature and was never promised, so I don't mind waiting for them to add it - perhaps the hardware does not allow it?  Would be nice to get a definitive answer from 2Box though - perhaps they are saving all this for the next version of the module  ;)

I guess everyone here saw the modded module with the card slot - tbh I don't mind losing USB if I could easily pop 16/32gb cards in.  The thing thats stopping me is I don't have any DIY/drilling skills AT ALL!  I guess a lot of you guys thought it looked easy but man I suck at DIY!

puttenvr

Even pronouncing DIY is too difficult for me   ;)

Slap the drummer

I heard a rumour as well that they were going to introduce new files with some kind of lossless
compression, making 4GB into 8GB.  (I think Native Instruments already do something similar).

Perhaps its worth pointing out if it hasn't been already - the USB bit will apply only to loading
sounds onto a bigger card.  Once the card is in place you should be able to edit kits etc etc
without removing it again.  So if you had enough sounds to keep you happy for a while, then
in theory you cd swap the cards over and not worry too much about diy....????

edtc

Quote from: puttenvr on January 21, 2011, 07:39:32 AM
Even pronouncing DIY is too difficult for me   ;)

just say : DEE HIGH WHY ;)   or "DO HIT YOUYSELF" ;)

MarkuZ

It's done!

I've soldered out the SD-Socket and changed it with a model with a spring-mechanism (like in Digicams).
You can order it here for only 1,50€
http://www.pollin.de/shop/dt/MjU4ODQ1OTk-/Computer_und_Zubehoer/Hardware/Speicherkarten/SD_Speicherkarten_Sockel_ATTEND_104H_TDA0_R.html

I've you know how to handle a soldering Iron, it is no big deal.

Soundcompression is not bad, but what is with the big "wav-Playalongs and Loops"?

For pics an more look here:http://www.drummerforum.de/forum/40438-2box-drumit-five-bestellt-fotos-test-und-erfahrungen-hier-sobald-es-eintrifft/thread65.html#post886627

Best regards & good luck!

MarkuZ :rock:

puttenvr

Sieht recht gut aus aber

Did you make a slit in the side of the plastic module in order to see and use the card ?

edtc

Quote from: puttenvr on January 22, 2011, 07:06:46 AM

Did you make a slit in the side of the plastic module in order to see and use the card ?

Rob , when i opened it to swap SDcars i descovered that the module lid is made of Aluminium . Looks like plastic , but isnt ... only the flat black panel with knobs and buttons is plastic ...

puttenvr

Did I say plastic?
Sorry, I don't even know the difference between wood and water
But good to know it's aluminium !

BlingBling

I think more important than more Space is a faster Volume inside the brain. And does it matters
which brand the card has? must it be the same as 2box uses?

Thax

MarkuZ

SD-Card Slot Solution  *update*

I've made the Slot for the SD Card now am I am quite happy with it.

@puttenvr
Its Aluminium and not Plastic! I think the Brain is much more durable, than the other Hardware :D

If somebody is interested, please have a look here:
http://www.drummerforum.de/forum/40438-2box-drumit-five-bestellt-fotos-test-und-erfahrungen-hier-sobald-es-eintrifft/thread66.html#post889017

edtc

markuz , can you please post the pictures here ? i dont fell like registering to a german forum ...:)

danke schoen

nonoduweb

Here is a picture from the german forum wich shows the good job of MarkuZ... ;D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

puttenvr

Wow that looks nice !
Markuz, want to earn some money?
Make such a card-slot for all of us

edtc

@nonoduweb ... merci

@MarkuZ .........bravo , great job!!

MarkuZ

Thanx a lot for youre compliments.
Sorry, that the pics are only availiable in the german Drummerforum, but I found no way to post them here. ???

cheers MarkuZ