News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

16GB SDHC Memory Card

Started by dane, October 06, 2010, 12:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AA_

mandubien

Holy poop !!! Great job !!! Now gotta wait the end of my warranty.....

nonoduweb

rainbow

Good job  :rock:

also wait the end of the warranty

Baby Samus

I really want to do this now, thats a great job you've done there AA!  Could you elaborate on a couple things?  First what kind of glue did you use the fix the SD card adapter in place?  Also how did you format the SD card (what partition size, what file system, was it done in windows etc)?

Cheers man this has given me a lot of inspiration  :drum2:

AA_

Quote from: Baby Samus on October 20, 2010, 02:14:43 PM
I really want to do this now, thats a great job you've done there AA!  Could you elaborate on a couple things?  First what kind of glue did you use the fix the SD card adapter in place?  Also how did you format the SD card (what partition size, what file system, was it done in windows etc)?

Cheers man this has given me a lot of inspiration  :drum2:

the adhesive is a glue stick. heated with a soldering iron (I have no glue gun).

The card is formatted with FAT32, 32 KiB cluster - size 16GB (windows 7).

puttenvr

Can the 2Box people hire you to modify all our modules?
Great job !
I wouldn't dare it, to be honest

AA_

Quote from: puttenvr on October 20, 2010, 04:16:18 PM
Can the 2Box people hire you to modify all our modules?

yes, if the 4GB usb limit is fixed ;)

AA_

Slap the drummer

This is really useful for me as well.... thanks Dane, thanks AA!

Not sure I dare start waving a soldering iron about tho - so it's time for what maybe a stupid question.

Is it possible to just plug the extension thing in, then run the flat looking cable out thru where the top of the brain meets the base, and then maybe
just let it dangle  :drum3:

And wear gloves so no fingerprints and no void warranty  :)

edtc

Quote from: jopes on October 06, 2010, 06:12:27 PM
Oh my god.. :o That's so cool.

one stupid question.. is there a sim-card slot in there as well? That way you could like call people and play for them live!  :animal:

yes , maybe with this model ...

Integrated headset and  monitoring speaker ...
to change program , just dial the kit number...

Looks like the designer  of the drumit5 spent his holyday in france in the eighties...:)

have a nice weekend folks!

PS: sorry for this "less than usefull" post.... my DDRUM snare trigger is broken so i cant play :(

XYZSpeedy

That's GREAT!!!!  :rock:

Now we can speak our Kits and Samples to the DrumIt5  ;)
Who needs USB 2.0???

MarkuZ

Dear Developer,

when will the USB Limit for SD cards be broken?
I know that is not supported by 2Box in the moment, but it would be sooo cool.
You promised a little christmasgift for the comunity as I remember ;).

With the original 4GB there is not enough space for some playalongs(wav is much bigger than mp3) and extra samples.

If you can implement this feature, the 2Box Kit became more interesting to new customers too..;-).

Happy new year to everybody!

rcprod

Yes it would be nice to keep the USB functionality while allowing us to put in a larger SD card.

At first I thought I would just go in and remove a bunch of the sounds that I would not use making room for new sounds, but I liked most of the sounds that came with the kit.

2Box has done an awesome job coming up with this kit. Hopefully this change could be implemented at some point.

Cheers.

edtc

...not sure , but i  ve read somewhere that it s a hardware limitation of the usb controller... 

i also hope it s not true..:)