News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Problems with brain freezing (no pun intended)

Started by Jova, October 01, 2010, 05:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristan

Quote from: nonoduweb on October 28, 2010, 05:59:28 AM
Yes it seems to happen with the MKII, except perhaps for Tristan.
He has an MKI, and he had a problem during the update of the boot code 1.30.
I don't know if he changed something...He has perhaps a new module, or another software...

I did have a problem then, which was actually corrupted flash memory.  I sent it off to Hand in Hand who then sent me a new unit.  The one I have currently has Boot 1.32 and OS 1.10.

The freezing seems to not be related to just one sound.  A few are doing it, so I wonder if it's just a random thing now.

Deve, are you any nearer to figuring out what's wrong with them?

Deve Loper

Hi.
Unfortunately it's the latest batch of sdhc cards.
I have been able to detect the problem after many hours playing the same sound. The unit freezes because the sd card doesn't respond anymore. The sond file I tested even got bit errors. Of course it can happen during other circumstances as well.
If you are ok to use some simple tools, we send you another (reliable) brand sd card and you can replace it yourself, no soldering needed.
Otherwise send it back to your distributor and they will replace it.
I really apologize for this. First it took me weeks to make a fix for a processor bug (the boot 1.10 problem) and now it's bad sd cards, sigh...

3drum

Hi Deve,
Can you please describe the procedure to identify a bad SDHC card. Is there a particular brand, or serial # that we are looking for.
Or can we identify a bad card just by the serial # on our Drum It5 brain?

thanks

Tristan

Hi Deve,

can you describe how I would go about changing the SD card before I decide whether to do it myself or not?  Also, would it invalidate my warranty?

Cheers

Tris

Langsuyar

I do have the same problem : to make selection more convenient I moved my favorite kits to the firsts numbers of the list. Now most of them cause the unit to hang :( I can say it started with kick sounds as I tend to play double rolls a lot but I cannot say only the kicks are corrupted. As the computer is too far from the kit I did not backup any sounds at first.  :-[

Hopefully I was able to get the speed kick back thanks to you guys. However I also miss the VLT 22 Kick Amb which was my favorite. Could anyone save me with that one ?

Deve, how shall we proceed to get a proper SD card?

I do agree to open the module myself as I bought the kit abroad and will miss it too much during the return process. Also the price of a SD is not worth sending back the whole module : I can even buy the SD card myself ! The problem is I am afraid I have a corrupt sound library now and would need a new copy of the dsnd files anyway...

Deve Loper

There will be an SD card exchange policy published soon.
Both here and on the web.

Deve.

Langsuyar

Thank you for the update !

I will go on exploring the rest of the samples in the meantime  ;)

fishmonkey

Quote from: Langsuyar on November 07, 2010, 03:44:57 PM
Hopefully I was able to get the speed kick back thanks to you guys. However I also miss the VLT 22 Kick Amb which was my favorite. Could anyone save me with that one ?

hey there, here's the VLT 22 Kick:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/793739/2Box/VLT%2022%20Kick%20Amb.dsnd

Langsuyar

Thank you for such an efficient and quick support !

Maybye I'll stick with that kick sound finally  :D
Who said I'm not creative ?

PS: tested this morning, the brain behaviour is back to normal with the refreshed sound...

jopes

It just hung on me again.. and DO I get frustrated?? GAAH!

ANYHOW.. nice to know that things are progressing. Can't wait for that SD-card replacement policy guide thingie.
Keep up the good work.

Deve Loper

Dear DrumIt customer.

If you have trouble with the unit freezing or sound files getting corrupted, it is most likely due to a Flash card failure. The DrumIt units affected are from serial number 1050. We will arrange a replacement Flash card under warranty. Please contact your distributor and report your problem. If you are ok with opening the unit yourself and replacing the Flash card (only some basic tools needed, no soldering), the distributor will send you a replacement Flash card with all files on it. Otherwise you have to send the unit back to the distributor or, in case the distributor agrees, to the shop where you bought your DrumIt. A special guide for opening up the unit is available here. Please backup your DrumIt.dkit file first, you can copy it back on the new Flash card. No software changes are needed.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience,

the 2box team.

marcokiss

Hi Deve Loper,
Do you mean serial number 1050 and up?
Thanks

marcokiss

I found the answer on another post. 1050 and up it is.

Slap the drummer

Quote from: Deve Loper on November 12, 2010, 07:32:29 PM
A special guide for opening up the unit is available here. Please backup your DrumIt.dkit file first, you can copy it back on the new Flash card.

Hi Deve - where is the guide?  thanks

Deve Loper

Hi.
The guide is coming on our web site soon.
Please contact your distributor first, on how to obtain a replacement SD card.

Deve.