News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Problems with brain freezing (no pun intended)

Started by Jova, October 01, 2010, 05:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deve Loper

Hi again. One more thing.
Boot version 1.10 had Flash write problems caused by a processor bug, so please check that you have boot version 1.30 or later.
If you still have 1.10, there's a boot updater here
www.2box.se/Pages/bootcode-update.html

Deve.

JoggeO

Quote from: Deve Loper on October 21, 2010, 09:19:23 PM
:rock:Hi. We are currently looking into these problems.
Can everybody who have had this freezing problem tell me (on this thread) if they had written new files to the drumit over USB or moved files around, in short, anything which results in data being written to the Flash memory (you see the W indictor on the display in USB mode).
Also, can you please run a disk check on the drumit. For those with windows, one can run a command prompt and write
chkdsk e:
in case the drumit would appear as drive e for example.
If you have a freezing problem, I would like to know what chkdsk reports.
Finally, if you find any specific sound file which makes the system freeze, can you upload it from the drumit, zip it and send it to info@2box.se.
Thank you.

The first time it freezed I hadn't done anything. I was playing Maples #54 when after a few seconds the snare caused it to freeze.It was the "805 10 Snare amb"-sound. Now I've made my own kit with favorit sounds in the kit editor and it was when I was playing that the snare caused a freeze again. This time "Nasvall 14 Comp"-snare sound.I have also moved my favorit kits to the beginning of the kit bank. I have run disk check but everything is normal. I have Boot version 1.32

AA_

Quote from: JoggeO on October 22, 2010, 01:26:20 PM(...) I have Boot version 1.32

latest (download-) version is 1.30

@Deve Loper ??? where can I download it (1.32)?

nonoduweb

I don't know if this 1.32 boot version really differs from the 1.30, but perhaps it causes the brain freezing...? I have the 1.30 and no problem.

Deve Loper

Boot 1.32 has only an internal fix for a new processor revision.
It's backward compatible with the first generation processors but doesn't add any extra functionality.
All systems delivered previously with 1.10 should be updated to boot 1.30.
The new processor revision has never been delivered with boot 1.10, so no need to upgrade.

What causes the freeze, it's still under investigation.

Deve.

nonoduweb

Not a sound problem:

Quote from: jopes on October 18, 2010, 03:08:54 PM
Yep, happened to me too (again) a few days ago. I made a backup of my entire module when it happened the first time, so I just replaced the "corrupt" .dsnd file with my backed up one and it's all working again.

I don't want to interfere with these investigations, but if Gothai Grym, Tristan, Jova and Jopes have the 1.32 version, perhaps they should try to install the 1.30?

Deve Loper

Do NOT install boot 1.30 if you already have boot 1.32 !!!

The freeze problem seems to be caused by the latest batch of internal Flash cards.
I'll keep you posted.

Deve.

jopes

Quote:rock:Hi. We are currently looking into these problems.
Can everybody who have had this freezing problem tell me (on this thread) if they had written new files to the drumit over USB or moved files around, in short, anything which results in data being written to the Flash memory (you see the W indictor on the display in USB mode).
Also, can you please run a disk check on the drumit. For those with windows, one can run a command prompt and write
chkdsk e:
in case the drumit would appear as drive e for example.
If you have a freezing problem, I would like to know what chkdsk reports.
Finally, if you find any specific sound file which makes the system freeze, can you upload it from the drumit, zip it and send it to info@2box.se.
Thank you.

Info about my module:
Boot version: 1.32
OS version: 1.10

More info:
When it first happened I had enabled the "Write mode" on the drumit five. I had edited some volume settings on the snare, hihat and cymbals on the preconfigured kits number 1 and 86.  I had also changed the "master-mixer" settings in the module itself. I had never connected the module to a computer.

Then when I found this thread, i got a new copy of the /Snare/Alu 14 Snare Amb.dsnd file. Plugged in the drumit five to my linux (Ubuntu) computer and replaced the old file. It worked, but after a week or so the same snarefile got corrupt again, so i replaced the file again with my working version of it.

Everything was still working great before I ran a disk check on the module through my linux-ubuntu machine a few hours ago. It found one issue. Heres the log file: http://www.pesola.se/2box_fsck.txt

rcprod

Are these problems occurring with the new MKII kits or are they with the previous MKI modules/kits?

jopes

I have to inform you that my module now freezes randomly, so no specific dsnd file to replace to make it go away..

Now when I'm playing.. especially when I try to play the first beat on the set, my module freezes. Strangely, after the module has frozen a couple of times (and if I am lucky) I can suddenly play the module for hours without it freezing at all, even the same kit that froze previously.

Any tips on what I should do? I'm beginning too feel a little frustrated.

And could anyone please check if you have the file /Snare/.goutputstream-GPHTKV on your module? (It's a hidden file) I'm wondering about if it's a temporary file after a freeze or something.

Thanks

rcprod

Are these problems occurring with the new MKII kits or are they with the previous MKI modules/kits?

I would appreciate learning about this as I am considering buying a kit.

Thanks.

Evy

I can't answer with full knowledge but based on the posts it seems to be with the newer kits, since tyhis problem appears to have just started.  I have MK1 and have virtually no problems.

nonoduweb

Yes it seems to happen with the MKII, except perhaps for Tristan.
He has an MKI, and he had a problem during the update of the boot code 1.30.
I don't know if he changed something...He has perhaps a new module, or another software...

rcprod

Evy

Don't let it stop you fomr buying a kit, 2box will sort it out.  The kit really is fantastic!