News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Problems with brain freezing (no pun intended)

Started by Jova, October 01, 2010, 05:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jopes

It worked like a charm!

Wierd that the module corrupts the dsnd files like that. But it also seems to be a rare problem. One coincidence would be that Jova and I have recently bought the kit.

Think I'm going to apply that boot-code updater and OS v. 1.10, just in case to (maybe) prevent this from happening again.

Thanks again fish, you're the man!

fishmonkey

hey no problem.

i have all the sounds backed up on my computer, so it's easy enough to upload one.

i wonder if this problem is to do with faulty memory cards?

Tristan

So I'm not the only one with this problem then!  I've had exactly the same thing with possibly the nicest sounding snare sample on the kit (Nasval snare).  Can anyone please upload that sample for me?

I also have a dud kick sample, but it's not a kick I'm too keen on anyway.

Tristan

You rock!  I'll reinstall that sample this afternoon. 

Thanks

Jova

By the way Scottie wanted me to try putting the corrupt file back after this was solved for me to see if it would be playable again but i didn't have it on my computer anymore so if more people get this issue they might want to try fixing it and then copying the original corrupt file back.

Gothai Grym

Does fishmonkey or someone else have a copy of the Juno 22 Kick for me?
I've got a brain freeze going on, connected to that kick, which to me is one of the better-sounding. Annoying just to scroll by it and... power off/on. ::)

I'll save this corrupt dsnd-file and copy it back after having replaced it with a working one, as Scottie wanted you to try, Jova.

fishmonkey

hey there, actually the Juno kicks are available as downloads directly from 2Box, they are extra samples that were not loaded on older versions of the Drumit 5...

here:
http://2box.se/Pages/sample_downloads.html

Gothai Grym

Quote from: fishmonkey on October 16, 2010, 10:47:23 PM
hey there, actually the Juno kicks are available as downloads directly from 2Box, they are extra samples that were not loaded on older versions of the Drumit 5...

here:
http://2box.se/Pages/sample_downloads.html

Gah! How dull of me. :o
Thank you!

Tristan

I've just had another sample (a kick one) corrupt on me.  Maybe 2box could put all their samples online somewhere so people can resolve the problems quickly?  Or I guess we could just copy clean versions of the samples to our laptops as backups.

jopes

Yep, happened to me too (again) a few days ago. I made a backup of my entire module when it happened the first time, so I just replaced the "corrupt" .dsnd file with my backed up one and it's all working again. This isn't exactly ideal. :-(

Gothai Grym

Graaaagh! >:(
Here we go again, this time it's the Marco 22 (24?) kick...

I thought I made a backup of all samples. Well, I'm on it at this moment.
But I will need the Marco kick sample, please, if anyone could be so kind :-[

It seems the DI5 doesn't like when I contantly play fast double kick while I tune the gain and threshold settings ::)
Though I don't think it has to do with that, really.
Anyway, it's annoying and shouldn't happen. Hope this will be fixed in a coming update.

Others that have experienced the same problem - or 2Box Crew - what can you say about it? :-\

JoggeO

Hello. My drumit brain sometimes freezes. It has been the snare everytime. First it was the "805 10 Snare amb"-sound and second time it was "Nasvall 14 Comp"-snare sound. The second time I found out that I can just change and save another snare sound and then change back to the sound I used. The brain don't freeze and I can play as usual. To me it looks like it isn't the soundfile that is the problem. I mean, I was able to play without loading a new file. It must be something else. BTW I have the MKII version and I have played it for 3 weeks.

Deve Loper

:rock:Hi. We are currently looking into these problems.
Can everybody who have had this freezing problem tell me (on this thread) if they had written new files to the drumit over USB or moved files around, in short, anything which results in data being written to the Flash memory (you see the W indictor on the display in USB mode).
Also, can you please run a disk check on the drumit. For those with windows, one can run a command prompt and write
chkdsk e:
in case the drumit would appear as drive e for example.
If you have a freezing problem, I would like to know what chkdsk reports.
Finally, if you find any specific sound file which makes the system freeze, can you upload it from the drumit, zip it and send it to info@2box.se.
Thank you.

fishmonkey

Quote from: Gothai Grym on October 21, 2010, 03:24:49 PM
I thought I made a backup of all samples. Well, I'm on it at this moment.
But I will need the Marco kick sample, please, if anyone could be so kind :-[

one Marco kick, coming right up:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/793739/2Box/Marco%2022%20Kick.dsnd