News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Usb mass storage

Started by thijs, August 17, 2009, 10:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thijs

Has anyone had any luck mounting the Drumit Five in Mac os? I tried, but it keeps stalling untill it gives a generic error that the drive cannot be mounted.

The D

Hi mate, I have the same problem. Maybe Scott could shed some light on the issue.
I assume it's software related and hope future updates will resolve it.

fishmonkey

what kind of Mac, and which version of OS X?

thijs

I tried it on an intel iMac with Os X 10.5.8.

UC

My guess is you'll need to hang on for the forthcoming software update (DrumIt OS and/or PC/Mac application) for proper transfer capability, which is a bit of a bugger, but you've got some seriously decent kits available to you in the meantime. Scott from Hand in Hand will be on here like a flash when the update's ready - if you click 'notify' on the first post in this thread, as soon as it's ready and available I'll get word out.

thijs

Thanks, it's not a big issue. I was trying to put some songs on it to play along to.

UC

In that case I'd really recommend getting a small mixer  - a second-hand one shouldn't cost too much - maybe £30 - £40 gbp. The DrumIt actually has 6 line-outs (3 stereo pairs) so if you can afford a mixer with 3 stereo-ins plus a phono line-in you'll be laughing.

A mini mixer will give you massive control over your drum levels and EQ, let you mix in your iPod, and output the whole lot to headphones and/or main outs (eg to your amp or computer's line-in). I've got a small Behringer UB802 which is well-built and has pretty nice 3-band EQ.

You can split out the drum groups from your Brain so you can seperately EQ the cymbals, toms, kick and snare - if you've not done it before it sounds a bit daunting, but it's not too bad once you've got your head round it.

Brilliant on stage if you need to add in a click or whatever to your headphones, without giving the sound engineer a monitoring headache - unless you start cranking up your levels after he's done his checks :-)

TrommelTheo

WARNING!!!!

DO NOTHING, really N O T H I N G ! ! ! with the USB-Storage. Unfortunaly you could dump a malefunktion in your Drumit-Brain that cannot repaired by the User! Wait, til the Software is rleased! http://www.drummerforum.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&postID=709632#post709632 nearly end of page, Post from Webfox!
Hyperactiv (-German Distributor said this)!

Theo