News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Also have received my kit this weekend....

Started by NeilC, August 03, 2009, 10:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilC

Hi all, just thought I would get involved with this forum as beeing a fully fledged user...

A few pointers:

It will take a couple hours to set up, I found the manual slightly unhelpful, but all the same better than nothing
Make sure you calibrate the HH. I didn't and I thought it was the worst e-HH ever, but not so if calibrated.
The stand is very light, and very sturdy. I'm a very hard hitter and this will suit me fine!
The sounds are good - not had chance to play with them, but I will be using BFD to practice through etc.
The USB to PC connection is rEALLY slow so copying your own drumless .wavs will take time and not always 100% accurate.
The kit is very playable.

I am VERY impressed with this kit. I bought it as my Pearl kit is in our practice room and cant always go and hit when I want, this enables me to...

All in all I cannot fault this kit!

Simpan

Quote from: NeilC on August 03, 2009, 10:31:56 AM
Hi all, just thought I would get involved with this forum as beeing a fully fledged user...

A few pointers:

It will take a couple hours to set up, I found the manual slightly unhelpful, but all the same better than nothing
Make sure you calibrate the HH. I didn't and I thought it was the worst e-HH ever, but not so if calibrated.
The stand is very light, and very sturdy. I'm a very hard hitter and this will suit me fine!
The sounds are good - not had chance to play with them, but I will be using BFD to practice through etc.
The USB to PC connection is rEALLY slow so copying your own drumless .wavs will take time and not always 100% accurate.
The kit is very playable.

I am VERY impressed with this kit. I bought it as my Pearl kit is in our practice room and cant always go and hit when I want, this enables me to...

All in all I cannot fault this kit!

Haha, the manual was complete crap, took me and my friend over two hours to set it up xD. Also, since the OS isn't even version 1.00 yet the usb connection might be troubled. And one question, are you having any trouble getting that half-open sound with the hi-hat? 'Cause when I open mine slightly, I get this very, very faint and a little weird sound and when I open it a little more I get the half-open sound but I'm having a lot of trouble holding it there.

NeilC

Hmmm, I know what you mean by the HH. To be honest, I haven't played about with it TOO much as still been tweaking the physical aspects of the kit. But closed, open, foot all sound awesome. The half open is a bit of a no goer for me, but I do need to set the HH stand up a bit better.

Can you alter the tension on the HH do you know?