News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

24 bit Mean triggering / dynamics = better?

Started by drumsonly2002, August 29, 2010, 07:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drumsonly2002

At present using Ddrum4 SE and find it triggering / dynamics exceptional. The samples are 16 bit apparently. But, 24 bit samples are a better sample rate, also mean better dynamics than the Ddrum unit? I would guess the quality of Drumit sound is better. How about dynamics? Any Ddrum converts here? Thank you

puttenvr

It's hard for me to tell
the ddrum4 dynamics already was very good
But since the drumit Five samples have so much more ''spice'' it seems that they have a wider sonic/dynamic range too. But perhaps this is just imagine.
It's just very good.
Period

drumsonly2002

Hi Puttenvr, long time no see. I finally took your advice from years ago and gotten a Ddrum 4 SE unit. Found one in super mint shape several years ago. I regret buying the Yahaha DTX treme's initially vs the DDrum 4. That is what happens when people do not take your advice. Waste money on non DDrum quality. Ended up not using the Xtreme's at all. Inferior produce vs DDrums. Going to the music store and see if they can track down a Drumit 5 kit, and what price. I understand 24 bit is a higher quality sample vs 16 bit. Selling off the Yamaha kit and putting the money towards my new Drumit 5 kit. May take a bit of time to finally get one, but that is the plan.

puttenvr

Quoteis what happens when people do not take your advice.
Please say that again ... and again ...  ;D

Nice to see you again as well, although my mind doesn't recall who's behind drumsonly2002.

QuoteI understand 24 bit is a higher quality sample vs 16 bit.
The longer the 100101001111 length is, the better samples can be made
But don't forget some sound modules from the past had good 12 bit samples as well, while others still sound dull with 24 bit. It's all about what you do with it.

drumsonly2002

I may have changed from Zorro to drumsonly2002. I dropped Zorro handle due to meeting the real Zorro, out of respect for him. You and I spoke in great detail about ddrums on the old ddrum forum. Could not find a ddrum unit locally so bought an expensive Yamaha kit. My first gig the thing was dropping snare notes. I realized then buying the Yamaha's was a mistake. Anyways, this was some 6-7 years ago thus no problem not remembering. You replied to every single post and question with great detail. I became well educated with ddrums, finally getting a used kit. Playing ddrums live, the Yamaha's do not have the good triggering and dynamics ddrums have. soundwise they sounded good, but ddrums more natural.
  My journey for the best brings me here. I am not going to make any more mistakes and now listen to your advice and save me a lot of time and money getting the right kit to replace the very nice ddrum kit, with drumit.

puttenvr

QuoteI am not going to make any more mistakes and now listen to your advice

Okay, buy me a beer