News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hi, new here with a few questions

Started by drum4food, August 13, 2010, 08:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drum4food

Hey guys, thanks for letting me join in on the fun over here.   I have a few questions regarding the 2box.  And I apologize in advance if these topics have been discussed in previous threads.

1) What is the latest news on compatibility with Roland pads and hi hat?  Specifically the PD-125, PD-105, KD-120, VH-12, CY-15R and CY-14C.

2) Is there a demo video available for dragging samples from say SD2 or AD into the drumit module anywhere?

3) Are there plans for US distribution soon?

4) When will the module be sold separately?  And if it already is what is the retail?

Once again thanks and glad to be here.

puttenvr

1. tom and snare pads: okay. Cymbals and hihat: won't work properly
2. no
3. only 2Box can tell
4. In germany it already is sold separately
http://www.thomann.de/de/2box_drum_it_five_e_drum_system_2.htm

drum4food

Quote from: puttenvr on August 13, 2010, 03:19:55 PM
1. tom and snare pads: okay. Cymbals and hihat: won't work properly
2. no
3. only 2Box can tell
4. In germany it already is sold separately
http://www.thomann.de/de/2box_drum_it_five_e_drum_system_2.htm

Hey puttenvr, thanks for the reply.

1)  That stinks, kinda leaves me having to sell off my entire Roland kit at this point, if I wanna use the drumit.  Anyone know if they are addressing this, or if they are just focusing on their own hardware?

2) They really should, especially since it is the big selling point of this new open system.  IMHO

3) fingers crossed

4) cool, thanks!

I did speak to Axe Music out of Canada regarding the drumit 5 and they said they had to send their units back for revamping by 2box.  Man this beta waiting sucks, but I guess it's necessary.   Good things come.........

puttenvr

ad 1: A Volkswagen motor doesn't fit in a Toyota either
ad 2: Perhaps a matter of time

Evy

Hey drumn4food..

I live in Vancouver bc, haven't dealt with axe music...what do they mean by revamped?  I bought my 2box from long and mcquade and haven't had a single problem, especially with the new OS.  Can't stop playing this kit, it truly is a game changer.
In terms of loading new sounds I found it quite simple.  Well, I've only loaded stuff from 2box, no other VST companies.  I suck at computers and it was super easy.  

drum4food

They said that the rack was being updated.

Manfred

Quote from: drumn4food on August 13, 2010, 05:45:05 PM

2) They really should, especially since it is the big selling point of this new open system.  IMHO

The problem is not  missing video. Currently it is not even possible to drag sound from SD2 or AD to the 2Box Brain. With the 2Box editor you can only create single-zone-sounds which means no sounds for cymbals or hihat. And even this is very troublesome. Although the version number of the editor is now 1.0.1 there is a lot of work to do.

Manfred