News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2Box and Superior Drummer 2.0

Started by hefu, August 04, 2010, 09:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hefu

Ok, so I know I like the DrumIt5.
I will buy a kit soon, I have some gigs that really need low volume on stage.
I like the sounds for live use.

But, in my studio I use Superior 2, and have recorded with a TD-20 from Roland without any problems.
Have anyone tried the same thing with the 2box? Mapping, and foremost, does the hihat work good?
I want to use 2box and S2.0!

If anyone have any feedback, please enlight me!

Dagger

Hi,

Yesterday i was playing around with superior 2. I got most things working, but still got some issues with cymbal choke and the hi-hat. I will try some more settings today. If i get it to work i will post my settings here.

hefu

Ok, I've learned a lot today.
I was at Bengt's home, trying to get the mapping working with superior.
I also saw the new rack in person.... GREAT!

We got most things working, but it was a lot of work, because Superior seems built for roland.
Funny thing is, that when recording superior with 2box as controller, everything sounded sort of machine-like, almost as if we had use quantize.
Same track played back to the 2box sounded great! Weird...

I got some stuff home with me from Bengt trying to work it out. Too bad I forgot the hihat-clutch... :P

puttenvr

QuoteI was at Bengt's home ...
Will a person ever be invited at mr. Roland's or Yamaha's home ?

hefu

Woulnd't think so. Bengt is a great guy, and deserves a lot of cred and respect for his work!  :rock:

roel

Quote from: hefu on August 10, 2010, 03:44:29 PM
Woulnd't think so. Bengt is a great guy, and deserves a lot of cred and respect for his work!  :rock:

And who are you Hefu?

hefu

Well, I am a drummer who knows Bengt since a while back.
We have a few mutual friends, that brought us together.

At NAMM this year, my badge said exhibitor for 2Box, which wasn't really true, even though I spend quite some time in their booth!
Now I like to help them to try out their stuff.

roel

Quote from: hefu on August 10, 2010, 10:24:41 PM
Well, I am a drummer who knows Bengt since a while back.
We have a few mutual friends, that brought us together.

At NAMM this year, my badge said exhibitor for 2Box, which wasn't really true, even though I spend quite some time in their booth!
Now I like to help them to try out their stuff.

that's cool man, iam very curious about that new rack.

MarkuZ

Hi,

that is exactly my Problem too.
I have a 2 box Kit and a Roland.
I like the 2Box Kit a Lot, but I can't use for my Recordings with Superior
because of the wrong Mapping. I Found it Not easy to Change the Mapping
In Superior  to Match with 2Box. Hihat and cymbals
are a Bit different in compare to Roland.
It would Be great to get a New Mapping
For 2 Box sets.

Another Big wish was the Soundlibraries from Toontrack and or Fxpansion for 2Box.
A Jointventure between These companies like with Pearl and Alesis would Be so cool!
Looking forward for the New Rack:-).

Regards Markuz :drum1:

Quote from: hefu on August 10, 2010, 03:10:47 PM
Ok, I've learned a lot today.
I was at Bengt's home, trying to get the mapping working with superior.
I also saw the new rack in person.... GREAT!

We got most things working, but it was a lot of work, because Superior seems built for roland.
Funny thing is, that when recording superior with 2box as controller, everything sounded sort of machine-like, almost as if we had use quantize.
Same track played back to the 2box sounded great! Weird...

I got some stuff home with me from Bengt trying to work it out. Too bad I forgot the hihat-clutch... :P

hefu

I found it to very easy to map, and, I will do mapping for all the Toontrack kits in the near future, and it will be downloadable from the 2box page, I guess.

MarkuZ

:)This would Be cool
Quote from: hefu on October 02, 2010, 07:48:30 PM
I found it to very easy to map, and, I will do mapping for all the Toontrack kits in the near future, and it will be downloadable from the 2box page, I guess.

Manfred

Quote from: MarkuZ on October 02, 2010, 07:22:05 PM

Another Big wish was the Soundlibraries from Toontrack and or Fxpansion for 2Box.
A Jointventure between These companies like with Pearl and Alesis would Be so cool!

If you already have Superior Drummer you can also import the sounds to the 2Box-Brain. Currently it is a bit laborious and you need Louis' editor to create the sound-files because 2Box still does not provide a usable sound editor. But it works! I'm using SD2.0 sounds for Snare and Kick at my 2Box brain.

Manfred

MarkuZ

Yes I Know, thank You! But after a First Test with two Snares from SD, I Found that the original SD Sounds are a Bit better than the resampled ones from SD- bounced and then Importes Files. One reason is the anti machingun Effekt from SD. A randomizer in SD triggers Never the Same Sample twice After each other, in 2 Box this is not possible with this method.

It would Be very nice if 2Box has a jointventure with e.g. toontrack to Share the libraies with 2Box like Pearl eDrums .
Maybe in the future...

Quote from: Manfred on October 02, 2010, 11:03:02 PM
If you already have Superior Drummer you can also import the sounds to the 2Box-Brain. Currently it is a bit laborious and you need Louis' editor to create the sound-files because 2Box still does not provide a usable sound editor. But it works! I'm using SD2.0 sounds for Snare and Kick at my 2Box brain.

Manfred

protools

Hi, I use Addictive Drums there is a 2Box map ready to use and it plays well..... also the kits from Native Instruments 60s,70s and 80s drums seem to have a 2Box map (it shows 2box in the video) this could prove the least expensive as they can be used in the free Kontact player they sound excellent too. :-*

Manfred

Quote from: MarkuZ on October 03, 2010, 05:35:58 PM
Yes I Know, thank You! But after a First Test with two Snares from SD, I Found that the original SD Sounds are a Bit better than the resampled ones from SD- bounced and then Importes Files. One reason is the anti machingun Effekt from SD. A randomizer in SD triggers Never the Same Sample twice After each other, in 2 Box this is not possible with this method.

The 2Box does also a kind of randomizing. You can turn it on and off at the kit-enevlope page. At my kit it works fine if the number of samples is high enough, lets say 50 or more. At the beginning i even had the problem that it is too much randomizing because SD did it and also the 2Box-brain. After reducing the randomizing in SD a bit it works fine.

In my opinion the key is the number of samples for a sound. If you use a very large number of samples it is very difficult to trigger the same sample twice, with or without randomizing. But i agree that it is not easy to create good sounds because of all these options and parameters you can set or adjust.

Manfred