News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Sound routing - Playing with Backing Track

Started by VktoriusWarrior, July 29, 2019, 05:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VktoriusWarrior

Hi there guys. I have a Drumit 3 module and I hope somebody can help me. I've done as much research, reading and fiddling with unit as I can, but I just can't figure this out.

I would like to use the "Split Wav" feature so that my module can play a song and send the "song" portion to the mixer and I can still have a click in my headphones.

I've got that figured out just fine, but the problem is that it doesn't seem like you can't adjust the volume of either those signals separately from one another. What I really want is to make the click track louder.

I don't know of any way of doing that, so another solution might be to have only have the click track side of the audio file (the manual calls this the metronome) in the headphones.

With that solution I would be able to hear my drums and the song in my floor monitor. Is there any way I could isolate all other sounds so I could hear ONLY the click in my headphones? (and the drums and song go to the outputs?)

The problem appears to be you can only have one 'sub mix'. I need a sub mix where the drums and the 'song' portion go out to the mixer (easy). But I also need a sub mix that disables everything but the metronome. I feel like if I could have 2 different sub mixes I could accomplish what I was trying to do.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Deve Loper

Hi. I named both metronome and wave playback as accompaniment ACMP.
Indeed, the sub mux was intended to be used as the "audience" feed where one can disable metr and line in for example, while still having it all in the main mix to the phones.
However, they use the same vol setting. I should have added separate mix ctrls but its out of my hands now.
But I guess you could edit your wav in Audacity or something and change the rel volume of L versus R.
Best, Deve.

VktoriusWarrior

Thank you very much for the reply. So when you say it's out of your hands, I suppose that means we probably can't expect any major firmware upgrades in the near future? (Just curious).

The functionality I need is SO close. The fact that the module can create 2 different signals from an audio file and route them to outputs...that is great.

But in the end I think the solution would be one of these two scenarios:

1. Independent volume control for the song and metronome signal.

2. More than one sub mix ("sub mix1" and "sub mix2").

But I'm not a developer so I have no idea how much work either of those scenarios means.  :)

Deve Loper

New firmware is by others now.
Option 1 or 2 is possible I guess.
The future will tell...

VktoriusWarrior

Thanks for the reply!

Is there any way to request these features for the future? (who would one contact?)