News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Linked kits problem

Started by lesmay, July 16, 2019, 10:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lesmay

I have a very worrying problem that has just happed. I have been building 9 kits for a Beatles band I’ve joined, they are all based on one original kit. Suddenly Tom 3 head has stopped working, rim still ok. First obviously I suspected the cable but swapping it out with others but still the same.

BUT it’s only on these 9 kits, ALL other kits Tom 3 works fine. Tom 3 doesn’t use the same sample for all the 9 kits, even if I try changing on the fly still the same. The same sound files work fine on all other kits.

I first tried reloading the sound file from my computer backup, then the kit file then the whole system and files, no difference. I’ve opened the kits on the computer 2box app, the kits work ok. So the only way I can see how to sort this is to start again. This is worrying as I have my first gig in a few weeks time, I’m nervous it’s going to let me down.

The unit has the Jman 32 conversion.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Les

Lustar

I would copy one of the kits on the original 4GB card and try it on the module to check if it comes from the 32GB card. The card is certainly just fine but it's possible that something happened and that it needs to be formatted. Once you know it's not the SD card I would try to build one of the 9 kits from scratch with the same dsnd files, to see if at least you could replicate the same kit and get it working. You could also open the kits with DKit Manager to check if there's any particular setting that would only affect Tom 3 by comparing all settings for Tom 2 and Tom 3 on the first two Kit and Unit pages.

edit:
Did you try changing the Sound setting? Check the Sound setting in case it's set to "-+". I would toggle it until it's "++" or "+" (even if it already shows "++" or "+")

lesmay

Tried as suggested using the original card, sounded ok. This morning I turned on the Module and put the 32 gig back in all working fine!!! My only thought being that perhaps the module had a residual memory and it had to be off for a while to fully take in the revised file. I have no other ideas, still worring. P.S. yes I did toggle the ++ it was already on that setting. Thanks for your help.

Lustar

Great! I would switch between the 4GB and 32GB cards a few times to check that it works all the time. If it happens again I would check that there is only one copy of the dsnd files used by these kits on the SD card. If some files share the same 31 characters and are located in different folders it may explain what happened (in case one of the dsnd files couldn't be read but the other could). If some files were corrupted make sure to never copy files though USB to the 32GB card, but always with a SD card reader on a computer.