News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Cymbal Bell Not Triggering?

Started by sugiken, July 28, 2010, 11:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugiken

Hi,

One of the 2 cymbals (referred as CymbalB below) of my Drumit 5 has never been able to trigger a bell sound. I have tried a combination of conditions, it seems to me that the cymbal hardware itself might be the issue. Here are the conditions (using the same sample-Legacy 21 ride, same gain (6dB) and thres (-40dB) for all conditions):

Using Cym1 output:
1. Cable A; CymbalA - BELL
2. Cable A; CymbalB - NO BELL
3. Cable B; CymbalA - BELL
4. Cable B; CymbalB - NO BELL
Using Cym2 output:
5. Cable A; CymbalA - BELL
6. Cable A; CymbalB - NO BELL
7. Cable B; CymbalA - BELL
8. Cable B; CymbalB - NO BELL

Does anyone have suggestion about what can be done here to help? Will I be able to get a replacement if it is indeed malfunctioning?

Other than the cymbal issue, I'm very impressed and satisfied with the product when comparing the specs & price with other existing e-drums. This Drumit 5 arrived to my apartment in Boston, USA two weeks ago from StudioXChange in the UK, and I have been playing it about 1-2hrs every day since!!  GOOD JOB 2BOX! KEEP IT UP! Looking forward to the upcoming kit editor!!!

-To

Baby Samus

Hi Sugiken,

We deal with Scottie from Hand in Hand (U.K distributor for 2Box), and he is always very helpful.  He is contactable through this forum (just search for user Scottie and send him a PM) and although you are in the U.S I am sure he will be able to at least point you in the right direction seeing as it was imported from the U.K.

Aside from the cymbal issue glad to hear you are enjoying your drumit5.  I actually just got a new monitoring system for on stage and set it all up in the studio today - I've had the 2Box since December 09 but man when amped up properly with a sub this kit sings.  Sounds as close to a real kit as I have heard live - I grow more fond of it every day! Welcome to the family :patbat2box:

fishmonkey

Quote from: sugiken on July 28, 2010, 11:11:17 PM
Does anyone have suggestion about what can be done here to help? Will I be able to get a replacement if it is indeed malfunctioning?

when you say "NO BELL", do you mean that you aren't getting any triggering at all, or that the wrong zone is being triggered?

sugiken

Quote from: fishmonkey on July 29, 2010, 12:35:02 AM
when you say "NO BELL", do you mean that you aren't getting any triggering at all, or that the wrong zone is being triggered?

The wrong zone, which is the middle ride sound (referred to bow right?), is always triggered, no matter how close and how hard I hit the bell area. I do the same to the other cymbal, and it's almost always giving the right trigger...

nonoduweb

Hi sugiken,

I suppose that you have got the OS 1.10?

If you have it, try to raise the gain of the Cymbal B and hit the bell.

puttenvr

I think sugiken excluded every possibility by changing cables, pads and settings
So it's a hardware problem. I am afraid

sugiken

Quote from: nonoduweb on July 29, 2010, 08:20:05 AM
Hi sugiken,

I suppose that you have got the OS 1.10?

If you have it, try to raise the gain of the Cymbal B and hit the bell.

Yes, it's OS 1.10. I've tried from 0db up to 10db gain for both cymbals. I don't want to set the gain too high like >10db since I need some dynamic range for playing the bow area...looks like I will need to follow up with the UK distributor. thank you all for the input!