News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Limit hihat open sound

Started by NicoLemaire, May 29, 2019, 06:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NicoLemaire

Is there a way to limit the max open of the hihat? I know you can fix the hihat in a certain position, but then the pedal doesn't work any more. I would like to have a working pedal, but when fully released, only a half open hihat sound.

Is this possible? Thanx for your help!

paulf707

You could probably do something with calibration - set the clutch 'twice as high' and calibrate, then move the clutch back down and see how that performs?

Alternatively, do something with the DSOUND editor to create new sounds using only closed to half open sounds.....

ANGR77

Hi!

This is tricky...as said you could set the pedal in a fixed position on later bios and firmware’s for DI5 and DI3 but the pedal function will stop work...

Just to hint about a solution which works like this...is my Roland hihat conversion modules with virtual clutch. If set in virtual clutch mode you are able to set the pedal position in advance and if pressing the pedal when in virtual clutch mode - it will close...:-)

In the last version of this box...I have changed the ordinary switch for entering the virtual clutch mode to a latching foot switch...quite convenient when playing.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

NicoLemaire

Thanx for your replies! I'm going to look into these!

denzil

Hi
I'm not too sure , but i think you should be able to do what you need by changing the "POFF" parameter .
if you keep turning it , the gap between the hi hats is actually displayed on the Drumit3 screen .
The way i'm looking at it is
POFF = the max height i want my top hi hat cymbal at .
PFACT =my foot "chick" threshold .

Hope it helps ....happy turning ;)

All the best

Jman

As mentioned earlier you can build a new Hi Hat file with DsoundTool. Just take one of the Hi Hat .dsnds that you like the sound of. In DsoundTool you can disassemble that and rebuild it. Just don't use the full open sounds when you rebuild it .... All that takes about 5 minutes by the way.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/