Agean Cymbals Silent R-Series Low Noise Cymbals Pack Box Set (14HH/16CR/20R)

Started by paolob, May 01, 2019, 09:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paolob

Hi guys. Has anyone already had the chance to mount these Low Noise Cymbals on Drumit 5?
How can they be mounted to replace the originals and need a converter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlRejKlr6wY

welshsteve

If you’re talking about just putting them on the 2box hardware, there shouldn’t be any problem at all.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

paolob

Yes, I meant to install on the 2Box Drumit 5.
Can they be mounted directly in place of the originals or do you need a converter?

Slamstick

If you are asking  if they can be
played Thru the module?. No. they need triggers and cables. If you are asking if they can be mounted to 2 box original equipment cymbal arms, I would believe no problem is that answer. Please clarify

paolob

Yes, my question is if I can replace the original ones I have right now, by mounting this series.
Then using the supports and cables that are already part of the original set, without other accessories.

welshsteve

Okay, you said "use supports and cables" Sounds like you want to trigger these cymbals. So having the look of real cymbal but using the cymbal sounds in the module.

Is that what you're asking?

1781cc

Following this as I have just gone L80 all round on the 2box hardware

paolob

Thank you for your answer.
Can you leave me the link where I can follow what you told me?
Thank you

welshsteve

Okay so you want to trigger Low volume cymbals using the drumit5 cymbal sounds.

You will need to dampen the cymbals and put a trigger on them. Ride/crash cymbals is one set of issues but hihats you're gonna have a bit of a nightmare.

Magnatrack triggers seem the best solution of for rides/crashes/china/splashes, you will have zone and choke issues though.

With a drumit5 you will have to choose a zone, so with crash it most likely "bow"

I am not sure if you can have choke, but perhaps someone with more knowledge can chime in with a firm answer.

The hihat... I am also not 100% but you will most likely need 2 things, a controller (Go edrum for example) and the Zumman box. And also, will have to only have one zone, Bow being the most likely.

Then you'll have the FUN of setting the triggering right for your playing!