News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Release date for the DrumIt5 mkII

Started by rpb1966, April 14, 2019, 12:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rpb1966

Anyone know when its due out so I can sell my mkII module.

Many Thanks

Russ

Slamstick

Russ I would hold off. I sold my td 30 module and kit a few years back to get the first edition drumit 5 and waited almost 9 months. Almost like waiting to have a baby, lol!

ANGR77

The initial plan was april...but i have not Any update on this. Will check with the team...

Best regards

Anders
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

rpb1966

I still have my DrumIt5 I can happily wait for the mkII. Hopefully Bengt will release it before Xmas

DeWaaachner

Hi, I guess there's still no prediction, when the new Version will bei available, richtig?

Cheers, Frank
former DDrum 4 SE User, start now with DrumitFive

edcito

Quote from: DeWaaachner on May 28, 2019, 10:01:21 PM
Hi, I guess there's still no prediction, when the new Version will bei available, richtig?

Cheers, Frank

According to 2Box Germany facebook, latest announcement is "Steht noch nicht fest... voraussichtlich im Herbst."

DeWaaachner

former DDrum 4 SE User, start now with DrumitFive

drumsonly2002

Have the old MK-2 unit. Worthwhile to upgrade? All comments welcomed.

edcito

Quote from: drumsonly2002 on August 16, 2019, 12:15:19 AM
Have the old MK-2 unit. Worthwhile to upgrade? All comments welcomed.
It depends on many factors:
Which pads are you using?
how many outputs do you need?
did you mod your module?

if you're using the 2box pads then there is no need to upgrade
if you need 6 or 8 direct outputs you don't need to upgrade
if you moded your module there is no need to upgrade
do you play the internal sounds or import samples from SD3 and the like?

do you use the headphones out or use a mixer? There is the issue with the drumit 5 headphones out "coloring" the sound, which resulted in kits from VST´s sounding different, usually pretty bad, than when played directly on the computer, I was the first to point that with the drumit 3 they fixed this and now the phones out sounds much better and almost identical to the kits on the computer. I would assume the next drum it 5 will have the same phones out as the 3 so that could be a reason to upgrade.

The rest is the same as the drum it 3, support for pads and cymbals from other manufacturers, same software but no slow usb 1 port...

Murgen

Agreed ... I wonder how and if they solved the latency on SD-cards not suited for 2Box purposes. 
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Jman

Quote from: Murgen on August 16, 2019, 10:34:41 AM
Agreed ... I wonder how and if they solved the latency on SD-cards not suited for 2Box purposes.
From the talks I had the card situation will be the same ..... That was one of the reasons they originally didn't put a slot in the side. But they will be supplying a 32GB card that is compatible (probably the 32GB ATP ProMax), and I believe you will be able to buy additional cards from 2Box. But the cards I/we already have that are compatible with the current Drumit 3 and 5 will work too .... at least I'm almost positive about that.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Murgen

My original Drumit5 is still going strong with the external mod.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

edcito

Latest update from 2box facebook: "We are delayed, it will be available in October..."