News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Roland TD25 - Discouraged / Need Help

Started by VktoriusWarrior, March 21, 2019, 02:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VktoriusWarrior

Hi there,

I purchased a Drumit 3 module to use with my Roland TD25 hardware back in the fall. I can hold my own with a lot of technical stuff, but I have found the learning curve to be quite high. I primarily use my kit for gigging.

I have got the basics down, but I think I need help with getting the best out of it. I spent a LOT of time trying to figure things out and I got to a certain level and then just sort of stalled in discouragement.

Now I feel like I have to give it another solid try before moving on. Here are my issues:

1. Although it's not a 2box problem, I have been discouraged to find that sounds on my computer (VSTs) are VERY different when using the SDSE tool from Lustark. The end result (playing the sounds on the module) don't seem to resemble the original sound at all.

2. It sounds like there has been lots of threads on the TD25 and the Drumit module, but I was wondering if anybody could speak up and say "I am using the TD25 and here are the parameters I use..."
I know that this is somewhat subjective because of different play styles etc., but I feel like I need to go back to some 'base' settings that work for the TD25 and then tweak from there.

3. If nobody responds to my point #2, perhaps somebody could help me with a more specific problem. When I am playing live, I find that my snare can get 'lost' in the mix of everything. It's almost like the cymbals or all the other sounds take precedence and one snare hit will not really trigger. Then it will come back to normal for the next hits. I know this is probably one setting (and it's probably a basic one), but I just don't know what it is.

4. I got close to figuring this out once, but now I have to revisit this to get it right. I need a dependable snare with a cross-stick sound that triggers properly. How do I do this again? I think it has something to do with having the snare sound at higher velocities, and the cross-stick sound at lower velocities...

Thanks in advance for any input.

EDIT: I suppose I should also add to point #3, that I really like snares that 'crack' when hit. So that is the sound I like going for. Not sure if the settings make a difference when trying to go for that sound

Jman

I haven't seen any reports about problems with the VST sounds built for the D3 from SDSE, I think yours is the 1st. I suggest contacting Lustar, he would prolly be interested and might be able to help.

Tech support for triggering problems without actually being at the kit is already difficult. If you do not supply technical details it is Impossible. I would suggest listing all the trigger parameters of your snare. Pad type, Gain, Threshold, Xtalk settings, Mask time etc. to start with.

On the velocity switching Cross-Stick, here is a thread, but personally I prefer to assign a Cross-Stick to a separate pad or Rim of a tom: https://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,3624.msg26603.html#msg26603
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

VktoriusWarrior

Great! Thanks. I will get the info I have and update.

ANGR77

Hi!

Just to really understand the trigger part of your question...:-)

I get the feeling that you are using your td-25 module to trigger the DrumIt Three over midi...

True or false?

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

VktoriusWarrior

I'm sorry. I should have explained that part better. All of the hardware is from the TD-25. But the module is the Drumit 3.