News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Daisy chaining DrumIt3 with Roland Module?

Started by nohumanape, March 15, 2019, 05:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nohumanape

So I have a DrumIt3 and was wondering about linking it up to a TD-17 or TD-30 in the future. I'd I were to link up a TD-17, could I access the features of the TD-17, while utilizing the pad inputs on the DrumIt3?

Sorry, I'm new to all of this. I just know that you can link multiple Modules together. Just don't fully understand all the ins and outs.

edtc

you cant trigger the TD17 via MIDI with your Drumit3 as the TD17 has no physical MIDI input ...

It could be possible by adding a computer +midi interface to route the MIDI out of the Drumit module to the USB/MIDI in of the roland one , but why would someone do this ?

nohumanape

Quote from: edtc on March 15, 2019, 06:31:36 PM
you cant trigger the TD17 via MIDI with your Drumit3 as the TD17 has no physical MIDI input ...

It could be possible by adding a computer +midi interface to route the MIDI out of the Drumit module to the USB/MIDI in of the roland one , but why would someone do this ?
Guess that answers that. How about a TD-30?

edtc

it has a midi in so yes ... but is there any advantage in doing this ? Could you explain ?

nohumanape

Quote from: edtc on March 15, 2019, 07:03:24 PM
it has a midi in so yes ... but is there any advantage in doing this ? Could you explain ?
It would be to easily have access to the module's sounds, settings, loops and learning features--without having to regularily change out the pads between two Modules.

Right now, I have a DrumIt3 and the TD-20 Module that came with my kit. The TD-20 sounds terrible compared to the DrumIt3, but it's so much more user friendly and easy to dive into for a quick practice.