News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Alesis Strike 16" cymbal

Started by Krillo, March 15, 2019, 05:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krillo

Hi all

Is the Alesis Strike cymbals compatible with the drumit3? I intend to use it a 3-zone ride.
Thx

ANGR77

Hi!

I am afraid i cant find it on the DI3 compability list. Does it have 3 zones? Is it piezo on bow and the edge and bell are switches...then it will probably work.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Krillo

God morgon, Anders ☺

We made the same conclusion - it's not on the compatibility list (which needs updating), and like you, I don't know how the Alesis Strike cymbals are constructed. Hoping someone on here know or have tried them with the drumit3.

ANGR77

It looks like people have got descent results with the strike 3 zone and Roland modules...and drum-tec says it is Roland 3 way compatible...(it is then a piezo, switch, switch implementation)

So it looks like on paper that it will work fine on DI3. :-)

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Krillo

Quote from: ANGR77 on March 15, 2019, 06:25:57 AM
It looks like people have got descent results with the strike 3 zone and Roland modules...and drum-tec says it is Roland 3 way compatible...(it is then a piezo, switch, switch implementation)

So it looks like on paper that it will work fine on DI3. :-)

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Awesome! Thanks for your help!

Rmiller

I have the Alesis 16” 3 zone (2 plug ins) and it works fine with the drumit3. The only issue I had was the different sound levels between the zones. I used the Lustark software to balance them the way I wanted and now work great.

Krillo

Quote from: Rmiller on March 15, 2019, 07:56:34 PM
I have the Alesis 16” 3 zone (2 plug ins) and it works fine with the drumit3. The only issue I had was the different sound levels between the zones. I used the Lustark software to balance them the way I wanted and now work great.

Good info, thanks!

Zappmax

Hi has someone the  correct settings , i have a 16'' one and there is not bell triggering

Zappmax

Hi

I opened my 16" ride as i can't get a bell sound out of it. If i connect one of the socket to input A of the modul i can play bow and edge with choke but no bell. If i change the inputs no funktion at all. According to 2box suppport input B is for bell and the signal is expected on the Tip .
On the pcb board inside the cymbal on the CymB connector the bell is connected to Ring. So i unsoldered Tip and the Ring from the board and put a small blue wire direct from Tip to the bell switch, but still no bell sound . Same behavior on all 3 cymbal inputs.

Pics:
https://zappmax.tonidoid.com/urliigqiw

Deve Loper

"According to 2box suppport input B is for bell and the signal is expected on the Tip ."

Strange. The 'standard' for 3 zone with 2 switches is having each switch on the ring of the each jack.