News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New rack stand

Started by puttenvr, July 22, 2010, 06:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishmonkey

i like it. it looks much more stronger. separate snare stand is good too. i really can't get the snare in the right place with the existing stand system.

puttenvr

Main question: does the kick pad still have a LED light ?

puttenvr

Pictures on the Swiss site

nonoduweb

Remi

Can current owners exchange their rack for a new designed one?

rythm

Yeah, the rack looks really good and wouldn´t mind it. Hopefully existing owners could pay a reasonable fee for a hardware update.

spoenk

what happened to the kick-pad?! looks just like my customized one ...

Baby Samus

Quote from: spoenk on July 22, 2010, 12:48:38 PM
what happened to the kick-pad?! looks just like my customized one ...

I would take that as a compliment Spoenk  :)  - that new bass drum setup might be directly because of your mod!

Although I'm bummed out a little that I won't get this new rack as an early adopter of the kit, its obvious that 2Box has been paying attention to its customers.  We have been saying for a while that the rack is okay for home use but not gig worthy, and the snare basket is not good enough either.  They are listening to us.

Slowly but surely the quality of the hardware is starting to catch up to the module's capabilities, and with the new hardware it looks far more like a contender to Roland and Yamaha's standards in that area.

There are still thinds to improve in the hardware I feel however.

The rim system in the pads.  Sure it works, but its just a plastic o-ring with a thin bit of rubber attached and feels flimsy and plasticky when you hit it.  Roland/Yamaha pads both have a stronger and sturdier solution.  The 2Box pads are great, but imagine how good they would be with a proper rim system that you can really dig into...

Secondly the cymbal arms - they should really have boom arms on them so we can change the angle of the cymbal.  Having a single piece of metal makes it more difficult to adjust and position your cymbals.  This is a cheap addition.

Add a cable loom to the rack so that all cabling can be routed tidily to the module - again a cheap addition but one that adds a touch of class.

Give people the option of an XL pack when they buy the 2Box, which would include an extra 10" or 12" tom pad, and one extra cymbal over the normal pack.

fishmonkey

i would have been happy to have paid a bit more to have better hardware.

i do hope they provide a reasonable upgrade path for early adopters.

Scottie

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to assure you that early adopters will not be forgotten if/when new hardware like the rack is available.
Details are being finalised and we will release more info soon.

Thanks
Scott

roel

Quote from: Scottie on July 22, 2010, 03:51:35 PM
Hi Everyone

I just wanted to assure you that early adopters will not be forgotten if/when new hardware like the rack is available.

Thanks
Scott

Thank you man that's great! I really like this new rack,2box the company that listens to his customers my compliments!!!

But for me also the question, can we get a new rack and kickdrum? we have to wait for more info...

rythm

Hi Everyone

Thanks
Scott

Sounds just great! Thanks!

Manfred

Hi Everyone

Thanks
Scott

Hi,

that sounds really great!! Would be nice if the early adopters could upgrade the rack for a special price. The rack at the picture looks much sturdier than my one. Especially if you add more cymbals to the current rack it gets shaky.

Manfred