News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Using midi with my drumit3 module controlled by my Roland TD-50

Started by joemama82, March 01, 2019, 11:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemama82

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I love the drum sounds on my drumit3 module, much more than my TD-50 module. The only problem I'm having is I can't use my digital Roland snare and ride cymbal directly with my drumit3 (they both use USB). So this leaves me with midi, the problem here is the midi notes don't match up like they do on all my Roland modules. I know how to change them so they match up   and that's fine until I turn off my drumit3 then they don't save. I've read thru the user guide several times and can't seam to resolve this issue. I've also tried contacting 2box support without any luck (they don't reply).

welshsteve

In unit, you need to have save enabled and save any changes, are you doing that?
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

joemama82

Thank you for your reply. When I go to the page were I can change the note numbers to match the TD-50 note numbers  I can layer the sounds via mid which is cool. I've been searching for a way to save the changed note numbers  with no luck. Maybe I'm doing I this all wrong, I understand that I'm to turn on the save function in order to save the settings, the only problem is in the window were I've changed the note numbers there's no save function? Please help.

paulf707

Bottom of page 41 in the D3 manual says how to save unit settings:

If you have made changes in the UNIT mode, this will be indicated by a „?“ next to SAVE.

To make these changes permanent, press the left DATA button. The „?“ disappears and
the changes are saved. Please be aware that for this the SAVE mode on the page PREF
has to be switched on (see page 59). Should the "?" still be there after you pressed the
DATA button, the SAVE mode is disabled.