News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

eDrum Specific Headphone Recommendations

Started by nohumanape, January 24, 2019, 04:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nohumanape

I currently have a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pro closed back reference headphones that I use for basic recording. Would these continue to do the trick with my eDrum Kit? Or are there other options that are particularly well suited for that specific application?

paulf707

I use Sennheisers for drumming (can't remember the model offhand) - but closed backs do tend to increase the bass a bit.
I've also got some open backed AKGs that I use for mixing (K702s) - which in theory are more 'accurate' for drumming - but I hear too much of the acoustic noise from the pads - so I prefer the closed backed for playing...…..

Rmiller

Shure in ear monitors SE215 or better. I love mine. Just make sure you seat them in your ears well or you will lose the bass. They come with a bunch of different ear pieces so you can fit them exactly to your ear and are very comfortable. Much better than any headphones in my experience.

drummologo

surely the shure are great ear monitors ..... I own them KZ ZST double dynamic driver  and I can guarantee you that they are exceptional for the price they cost ....
I compared them with the shure if 215 and the difference for my ear is minimal, to try!

nohumanape

Thank you for the replies, everyone. Will do some research on the Shure in-ears.

Zappmax

I personally prefer custom in ears as first choice. But i use also the Beyerdynamics DT770 M 80Ohm. They have 35db external noisereducktion

Jman

ATH-M50X are my favorites, really good immersive headphones for Edrums.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/