News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

ddrum sounds still downloadable

Started by puttenvr, July 15, 2009, 08:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrommelTheo

is there a way to here them on the PC? I´ve already dl them... and i am Roland TD 8 damaged  ;D

Theo

UC

Hi Theo

You'll need to extract the .mid files from the zip folder. Then grab the ddrum4Tool.exe (for Windows) from above.

You'll need to tell the Tool which soundcard to use by clicking on the Setup menu and selecting your soundcard in the dropdown (doesn't need to be a pro card for checking out the sounds - I just tried it out on my PC at work :) ).

You don't have to hook up the DDrum via midi to audition the sounds.

Load up one or more sample from where you extracted the files, and all you have to do then is highlight the loaded sample, and click "listen". Let your ears do the rest :)

Edit: if you're looking to trigger the sounds from the TD 8 on a PC (ie without the DDrum brain) it might be quite a long and tiring job - not sure if anyone has any better ideas, but the only way I can think of is to audition each sample through ddrum4tool.exe and "record what you hear" if your soundcard supports it. To be honest, much as I love the DDrum sounds, it's probably noit worth the effort seeing as there are so many free drum hit sounds around on the web. Hope that helps.

puttenvr

And even if you succeed in recording the sounds in a software programm, it's hardly possible to assign them to your Roland, since you don't know if and which dynamic layers the Roland uses. Sell your TD-8 as soon as possible and get a DrumItFive ;-)

TrommelTheo

*lol* never ever, i wouldn´t try to put samples into my TD 8, i´ve bought 50 Sets for my TD 8 2 years ago and i´m still disapointed.
I am ready with TD 8, playing it for over 8 years and nearly 400 gigs

Theo.

puttenvr

Okay
I have been ready with Vdrums for 10 years
It's always the same plastic sounding, bad dynamic drums, only in a new box

TrommelTheo

if you never played ddrum before, you don´t know it better.
But being honest, i must say that my TD 8 did a good job, so there has never been a doubt about Rolands quality, only the plasctic clamps of the Rack *lol*

Theo

TrommelTheo

Just checked the DDrum-Sounds...cant wait til i can purchase my personal Drumit Five.

This Samples are 16-bit, is it right?

Theo

carlomagno

UC

The ddrum 4 uses 16-bit samples (with a 4:1 compression  I think) but the drumit 5 uses 24-bit badboys :)

There's a good article here ...but you might want to copy and paste the text into Notepad - light-blue text on a white background doesn't make for easy reading :)

mcalandr

hello sir...do you know how to get the Steve Sydelnik sounds? The folder is empty.... thanks....

TrommelTheo

I´ve put them all together in one rar. file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8dqyepuxsxrb6w7/DDrum4%20ALL%20Samples%20Library.rar?dl=0

Greets

Theo

kjob3022

Hi TrommelTheo,I am and have been searching for the DDrum4 SE  1.5 CD download that contains the specific file that allows you to restore factory settings.I believe I have it in the above factorlibrarySE.zip When I opened the folder it had the proper sounds but also a section that showed 28 blocks in the tool when selected but no sounds. I'm assuming this is the factory setting restore file.Do you have any knowledge of this or maybe guide me to the copy of the original 1.5 CD,I will gladly compensate you for any time, material and misc. expense as this is extremely valuable to me.Thanks for the help,Kenny[kjob3022@yahoo.com]Anyone else is welcome too!