News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Are sounds VST on Drumit Three equal as i hear on PC ?

Started by Syl1, December 15, 2018, 01:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syl1

Hello,

I am new to this forum. This is my first post although I read you for a long time. There is very little Drumit Three sounds demo and I wanted to know if the sounds are really very different between the Drumit Five I have and the Drumit Three. Especially with the sounds of VST and EZ Drummer 2. I have some EZX kit. When I do the extractions, basic and put it in my Drumit Five module it's not exactly the same sound than I hear on my PC. I would like be sure that with the Drumit Three the sounds of VST are exactly the same as on my PC before I purchase a Three

Thank You

Syl1

Hello,

33 views and no answer. Nobody switched from Drumit 5 to Drumit 3 and used sounds from EZ Drummer 2? Or other VST? To know if the sounds are really different between the two brains ?

welshsteve

Edico (I think I got his name right) did this test and found no loss in sound quality from VST to Module. There was some chatter about how there was on the drumit5 and there were some tips regarding tuning range when making DSDN's that either limited or solved this issue.

Having heard some of his SD3 rips on the drumit3 on Soundcloud and youtube etc and not being able to compared them side by side, they're certainly very very good. So even if there is a loss of audio quality, I'd wager it's very very small!

I have done some ripping from SD2, EZ drummer 2 and even the Steven Slate D5 free version and they sound great on the drumit3. But I cannot say unless side by side whether there's any loss of audio quality.

Drumit app probably does some compression in data to fit all the layers into one file (I am guess of course) so perhaps that has something to do with audio quality loss.

Thought I would just give my comments as no one else has chimed in yet.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Syl1

Thank you welshsteve, if you have EZ2 Modern Basic , would it be possible to do an upload of Sounds for example in SoundCloud or other link ? To compare between your Drumit Three and my Drumit Five ?

Deve Loper

Hi. Easiest to judge the sound quality on DI3 and DI5 by using a cd quality wav file (ripped) and play it as a song. It should sound the same on DI5 DI3 or any other good DAC connected to PC or Mac.
Listen to line out 1 2 to exclude any headphone coloring.
Best, Deve.

ANGR77

Good advice Deve!

I am almost tempted to try...have both modules.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Syl1

Quote from: Deve Loper on December 19, 2018, 07:23:50 PM
Hi. Easiest to judge the sound quality on DI3 and DI5 by using a cd quality wav file (ripped) and play it as a song.

Hi Deve Loper,

Except that I don't know how to do that. I am too newbie