News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Sound editor 1.0.6 odd behavior

Started by Dobly, November 25, 2018, 01:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobly

I've just installed the 1.0.6 software for editing the kits on my Drumit3 module.

I can load up kit fine.. HOwever. Only some of the pads are working.

For example I can click the snare on the Randy Black kit 1.. But but the bass drum sound is extremely very soft.. ie: i have to turn up my amp to ear bleeding loud to hear the fainest sound of bass drum.

Same with the cymbals. Only 1 out of the 3 of them makes a normal sound.

I can see in the monitor that the level on every pad is up to a normal level. Snare is bass drum make around the same level on the monitor, but only the snare audio comes out.

I've tried 2 sounds devices. The internal default sound device on my laptop, and i have installed a Sabre 24/96 USB DAC. In the editor I use the Setup -> Audio to pick the correct device but the problem exists with both. Only some of the pads in the editor make a sound.

Note. I have even tried dropping in different sounds to the bass drum for example. Nothing makes it work. 

Dobly

Some images to help explain

This shot shows the left crash and the monitor level it creates.. There is alost NO audio from clicking this pad.

This next shot shows the 2nd cymbal. A ride in this case. It makes a normal loud sound when I click it. Even with a lower monitor level. 

Finally, I put the same ride on cymbal 1. It works fine and makes a good level sound when I click it.

I have the same problem with the bassdrum.

What is going on??

Dobly

Ok. I have gotten to the bottom of this, sort of.

I have the jman 32gb mod done.

In the 'China' folder there are 6 china type dnsd files.

Of these, these ones work

AZ 16 China
AZ 20 China
RB 21 Holy China
Swiss L 16 China

These next 2 do not work. (ie: very very low level)
EU 16 SCF
SP Trash

Of the crashes I'll just list the ones that are not working

DnB1 Crash 1
DnB1 Crash 2
EU 14 to 18 (none of these work properly)

Could someone else with the Jman 32gb mod try some of these dsnd files and report back.

Jman

Quote from: Dobly on November 25, 2018, 02:36:13 AM
Ok. I have gotten to the bottom of this, sort of.

I have the jman 32gb mod done.

In the 'China' folder there are 6 china type dnsd files.

Of these, these ones work

AZ 16 China
AZ 20 China
RB 21 Holy China
Swiss L 16 China

These next 2 do not work. (ie: very very low level)
EU 16 SCF
SP Trash

Of the crashes I'll just list the ones that are not working

DnB1 Crash 1
DnB1 Crash 2
EU 14 to 18 (none of these work properly)

Could someone else with the Jman 32gb mod try some of these dsnd files and report back.
Not sure what you are experiencing, I just took one of the same cards loaded with those files plugged all the Chinas and Crashes, etc. you mention not working and they all work fine both in the Editor and the module?
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Jman

As far as the Monitor levels. Those are all .dsnds from 2Box and that is their levels. If you want them louder you can just turn them up on the Monitor volume level. Many of the sounds are from the free downloads from 2Box, eNerd, and others are from the Drumit Five module content. In other words all the available sounds that are not already on the Drumit Three module. I did not adjust any levels those are all original.

Dobly

Quote from: Jman on November 25, 2018, 05:59:26 AM
As far as the Monitor levels. Those are all .dsnds from 2Box and that is their levels. If you want them louder you can just turn them up on the Monitor volume level. Many of the sounds are from the free downloads from 2Box, eNerd, and others are from the Drumit Five module content. In other words all the available sounds that are not already on the Drumit Three module. I did not adjust any levels those are all original.

Unfortunately, no amount of 'turning them up' makes them loud enough. It is chalk and cheese. Look at the last photo I posted. When I dropped that Ride into the first cymbal slot, I had to turn it down.

But now I am going to tell you something that will hurt your brain. ;)

I tried the editor on my PC. I put the card reader in and setup the software.. And . . .

All the sound work fine!!!!

Now I am confused. ALL the china cymbals work. The crashes I listed below work fine on my PC..

Just not on my LAPTOP!!..  I want them on my laptop as I travel over an hour each way to work every day.. What better way to spend the time than to work on kits and sounds.

I restarted the laptop and the problem persists.

What the???

Jman

Quote from: Dobly on November 25, 2018, 06:17:15 AM
Unfortunately, no amount of 'turning them up' makes them loud enough. It is chalk and cheese. Look at the last photo I posted. When I dropped that Ride into the first cymbal slot, I had to turn it down.

But now I am going to tell you something that will hurt your brain. ;)

I tried the editor on my PC. I put the card reader in and setup the software.. And . . .

All the sound work fine!!!!

Now I am confused. ALL the china cymbals work. The crashes I listed below work fine on my PC..

Just not on my LAPTOP!!..  I want them on my laptop as I travel over an hour each way to work every day.. What better way to spend the time than to work on kits and sounds.

I restarted the laptop and the problem persists.

What the???

Yeah, so I am just pointing out, all of the sounds you mention have been in use for years with other 2Box modules. So whatever the problem it is on your end... not the sound files.

Dobly

I agree with you jman.

Once it worked on my pc I turned a curious eye to my laptop. It's not that old. 2.2 ghz. 4gb or ram. SSD harddrive. Windows 10..

Annoying as I wanted to work on kits and stuff on the train..

ANGR77

On your laptop...is it working ok to play ordinary music from any other application like Spotify etc?

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Lustar

Is it the same card reader on the laptop and on the PC? Does it do the same if you load the sounds from the SSD or from a different SD card reader?
Did you try disabling the anti virus temporarily?
Did you try unplugging all USB peripherals and closing all other programs? (like an audio configuration program from the default sound device or unplugging the USB DAC even if it's not selected)
Does it work when playing the sounds with DSoundTool or DKit Manager?

Edit: Is there any 5.1 or surround feature on the laptop? If the audio device is set to 5.1 try stereo.

Dobly

Angrr77: This laptop is the hub of my band backings and running a DMX lightshow. It's clean and has all unnecessary junk disabled. It normally runs on stage with a Focusrite 2i4 but at home I run it either with a Sabre 24/96 DAC or just with it's internal junk sound card. Both work normally. Until the issue above

Lustar: It is the same card reader moved between the 2 PCs.
I don't run anti virus other than the standard Win10 stuff.. I am a savvy internet user
I tried it with and without the DAC. Neither worked.

Now for the update.. This morning on the train it was all working fine. All the sounds. No problems..

This does not give me an answer. But for now I can get on with it. Sorry for wasting your time.  If it happens again I'll try to narrow down the culprit and post here for anyone else who might have this issue.