News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Choke

Started by larsoes, November 21, 2018, 03:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larsoes

I'm having difficulty with getting my cymbals to choke. The don't seem to respond... I have a cy15r ride, and 2 yamaha pcy 155

edtc

First , what is your module ? 

on the cy15 , where did you plug the jack ?

larsoes

The module is a Drumit3. I plugged it in cymbal 2 using both a&b. Bell, bow and edge working fine.

Rmiller

Check the cymbal Type,CyPSY for Yamaha with choke. Also check the zones are active. For Roland could be CyPS or CyPSB.

ANGR77

SETTINGS FOR ROLAND CY-15R
The best found settings for Roland CY-15R - please use:
Type CYPSB, again 13#H, Thres -36

Please note â€" to be able to change the ¤L, M or H...press down “more” + the rotating knob when at the gain field)

Cable Connections:
• The e-cymbal bow/edge goes in to cymbal input 1, 2 or 3 A
• The e-cymbal bow/bell goes in to cymbal input 1, 2 or 3 B
Please make sure that a 3 zone ride sound has been assigned for the actual 2box input. A +++ indicates that a 3 zone sound has been assigned.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

larsoes

Thank you I'll try that

larsoes

Frustrating! I can't get anything to choke, tried my old cy-8, nothing will do the trick...

ANGR77

Hi!

Are you using trs (with tip, ring and sleeve) and if so...have you checked your cables?
Do the edge trigger (resulting in a crash sound) work? Or is it just the choke which does not work?

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

larsoes

I'm using my old cables from my td20 (trs). The edge triggers perfectly.

edtc

Quote from: larsoes on November 29, 2018, 06:25:57 AM
I'm using my old cables from my td20 (trs). The edge triggers perfectly.

Are you sure the edge is triggering ...?  The edge sound is triggered by the edge switch ... This same switch is used for the choke .

It s strange you dont get both ...

larsoes

I finally found out why :sorry, I just realized that the hold and decay was set wrong.... If you alter these values the choke no longer works.

larsoes

By the way, i contacted 2box via messenger, they were very helpful.

welshsteve

I have never known about the choke function stopping if you alter hold and decay. Never have need to adjust these, I guess I would never have found out. Glad you got it sorted.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!