News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2Box Editor HiHat Sounds Foot Splash?

Started by paulf707, October 30, 2018, 09:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulf707

Been building my own sounds using the 2Box editor, but just about to try a HiHat sound.
I understand the bow/edge and variable numbers of 'openness' samples...
But there appears to be only one slot for 'foot' - is it possible to create a DSND that contains both foot hit (closed) and a foot splash? And if so, how do we do it?

Jman

Quote from: paulf707 on October 30, 2018, 09:33:21 PM
Been building my own sounds using the 2Box editor, but just about to try a HiHat sound.
I understand the bow/edge and variable numbers of 'openness' samples...
But there appears to be only one slot for 'foot' - is it possible to create a DSND that contains both foot hit (closed) and a foot splash? And if so, how do we do it?
Foot Splash WAVS is all you need. The 2Box does the foot chick internally using the closed HH sound.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Deve Loper

" Foot Splash WAVS is all you need. The 2Box does the foot chick internally using the closed HH sound."
Actually it's the foot splash with fast decay. Reasoning: when the 2 plates meet, there is no difference in chick or splash. Not known yet when or if it opens.
So same attack sound but when held closed it decays fast.
When opened again the decay is removed so it rings out with whatever energy is left.
Cheers, Deve.

jbowman

Need some help here.  Of the 15 user-assignable sound slots, I see none dedicated for HH splash.  Am I missing something, or did the designers just leave out a slot for that? 

Mimic Pro allocates 4 sound slots for HH I believe.