News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

my modified bassdrum

Started by spoenk, June 29, 2010, 07:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spoenk

...not only works like a charm, but is far less noisy than before and less heavy to carry.

combined tips from guys from this forum: removed the metal plate and the rubber foam, moved the trigger, stabilized the pad with the snare stand, bought the triggerball beater...

no noise, no instability, no double-triggering

for pictures see attachments

hwasser

Actually, when i removed the rubber, the double triggering was doubbled no matter how I tightend or untightend the meshhead.

spoenk

initially it was worse, but i untightened the head a bit, no problem whatsoever now ...

Daniel

cool, where did you get the "ball" from?

rythm

The beater looks interesting. What´s the differences compared to a regular beater?

puttenvr

Less noise
But to me it plays a bit heavier

spoenk

it's specifically designed for e-drums, interaction is different, more suited to triggers...and it doesn't wear out the mesh as much ...
most important: it works for me

UC

Hey Spoenk, what's the action like - is it nice and quick? Thinking I might give this a go too if it's quieter...

spoenk

to me it feels very good ... i switch a lot between the 2box and an acoustic set and i don't have to adjust the way i play ...

RossC

I've been having problems with the kick double triggering. I took the bass drum apart today to try and do this, with moving the trigger is it just a case of pulling it out and putting it in the rim hole? I really don't want to break anything. I noticed in the new 2box picture they have gotten rid of the metal plate as well.

Thanks!

Scottie

Quote from: RossC on July 23, 2010, 04:06:56 AM
I've been having problems with the kick double triggering. I took the bass drum apart today to try and do this, with moving the trigger is it just a case of pulling it out and putting it in the rim hole? I really don't want to break anything. I noticed in the new 2box picture they have gotten rid of the metal plate as well.

Thanks!

Hi Ross

Here is a picture of the sensor repositioned. All you have to do is remove the back plate from the drum, and move the sensor down to the recess.
The screws holding the back plate in place might be quite tight.

If you need any more advice with removing the plate, then please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks
Scott

spoenk

i also cut the foam so it looks just like the other pads ... used some gaffa so it stays in the right position ...

RossC

Awesome thanks, my rack set up has the arch going the other way so I have to change to allow the snare stand to reach the kick. All is sweet now though.

DJDrums

G'day All,

I was having trouble with additional bounce and feel with my Bass drum. I couldn't get it to feel anything like my acoustic kit. I removed the glass 2Box emblem from the pad which gave the foam abit more give. Perfect. With the right tension on the mesh is feels just like the real deal and no triggering problems and its a quick mod as well.      Extra note, Hi hat performance is perfect when you get it off the 2 Box stand and onto a good stand alone hi hat stand. Unbelieveably better. Cheers