News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

OS v1.10

Started by Dagger, June 24, 2010, 08:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rythm

Quote from: hwasser on July 08, 2010, 07:51:51 PM
Is it just me who have problem with the metronome? When I press play no metronome sounds appear. Cant make the metronome play =/

Choose a sound for the metronome first, then it should work.

hwasser

Quote from: rythm on July 08, 2010, 08:39:44 PM
Choose a sound for the metronome first, then it should work.

Thx, didnt see that one, little confusing that metronome sound is on "unit" och metronome settings on "kit"

puttenvr

That's because you set the metronome sound for the whole 2box unit
and the metronome settings for each kit

hwasser

Quote from: puttenvr on July 08, 2010, 08:59:20 PM
That's because you set the metronome sound for the whole 2box unit
and the metronome settings for each kit
I see :)

The new cymbaltrigger settings are a great improvement, with normal gain all zones are where they should be, no minimal triggering area on bell and no bell sound in middle of the cymbal. Still the cymbalzones are a little uneven volumewise. But this is still a huge improvement, but it can still be better! :) Liked the new decay option, worked great for metronome sound (used a cowbell, pitched it +5 and a decay setting that made it click)

p929

damn it...i'm not it my town now..I must wait till Monday to try it...grrrrrr.....but I'm happy as well, last week I got my new mapex falcon pedal and  new  mapex hardware and those cross talk are old stories....

Alex

So how are you guys getting on with the update to the Cymbals? I just installed 1.10 and without making any config changes I found that the triggering of the bell (cup) was a lot worse. I used to be able to trigger the bell fine by hitting it with the flat of the stick rather than the tip, but now that's not even possible.

The only way I could get a bell sound to play was by hitting right by the wing nut, and even then it was 50/50 whether it would trigger or not. I'll have to have a play around later when I have time, and hopefully I can get it to improve.

Baby Samus

Main difference in the cymbal triggering for me is that the middle of the Ride/Crash no longer triggers the bell, and the volume seems more even between strokes.  The Bell itself triggers fine now (for me anyway).  So after an hours playing it seems like a great improvement.  I haven't had much time to play around with the rest of the stuff but it seems we have much more control over the sounds now with effects and envelope settings.  The layout of the menu system is also improved, love the little hi-hat picture showing the hats going up and down  ;D.

So far so good, no problems for me and I'm very satisfied.  What was originally a good e-kit is getting better and better - now all we need is to see perhaps a more robust rim system for the pads, a sturdier rack and better snare stand.  If 2Box fix those things they've got possibly the best e-kit on the market under £3000.

Now, back to testing it out!

roel

Quote from: Baby Samus on July 09, 2010, 02:00:19 PM
Main difference in the cymbal triggering for me is that the middle of the Ride/Crash no longer triggers the bell, and the volume seems more even between strokes.  The Bell itself triggers fine now (for me anyway).  So after an hours playing it seems like a great improvement.  I haven't had much time to play around with the rest of the stuff but it seems we have much more control over the sounds now with effects and envelope settings.  The layout of the menu system is also improved, love the little hi-hat picture showing the hats going up and down  ;D.

So far so good, no problems for me and I'm very satisfied.  What was originally a good e-kit is getting better and better - now all we need is to see perhaps a more robust rim system for the pads, a sturdier rack and better snare stand.  If 2Box fix those things they've got possibly the best e-kit on the market under £3000.

Now, back to testing it out!

You are right for me the cymbals also work better now iam very satisfied, the rim system of the pads works correct and i've got no problems with it. My set stands on a carpet and I must say that the rack is sturdie for home use.I prefer a better snarestand also.As I said earlier I have owned a couple of roland/yamaha sets.
Iam so happy with my 2box set! it sounds amazing and plays fine! now I want 1 extra cymbal and 12 and 14 inch toms! in the colour of ORANGE!!! THE COLOUR OF HOLLAND! keep up the good work! :patbat2box: :rock:

puttenvr

If our team wins, I am gonna paint my 2Box orange, too  :rock:

hwasser

Quote from: Alex on July 09, 2010, 12:39:27 PM
So how are you guys getting on with the update to the Cymbals? I just installed 1.10 and without making any config changes I found that the triggering of the bell (cup) was a lot worse. I used to be able to trigger the bell fine by hitting it with the flat of the stick rather than the tip, but now that's not even possible.

The only way I could get a bell sound to play was by hitting right by the wing nut, and even then it was 50/50 whether it would trigger or not. I'll have to have a play around later when I have time, and hopefully I can get it to improve.

raise the gain a little bit and try if that helps.

spoenk

raising the gain helps, but i like the cymbal triggring of the old os way way better so far ...

fishmonkey

lots of nice improvements in the module.

seems to be rather a lot of kits with the new Echo effect on them, haha...

cymbal triggering is more consistent, but it's almost impossible to play quiet bell hits. i don't like the way it triggers loud bow hits instead.

nonoduweb

About new cymbal triggering, it's for me a good improvement: I do not use the cup to play soft and slowly. For that there is the body of the cymbal. But it's true that it's not perfect.

The new OS responds to many requests from people here. We can think now about a new wish list...

Deve Loper

The Dutch football team didn't make it, however your very own Dutch DrumIt developer struggles on...

About the cymbal zone issue, I know it's a compromise. But with the cymbals as they are, it's the best thing. Please set the gain so hard bow hits always trigger zone 3 (very likely the gain will be down to 0 for this). If the gain is too high, hard bow hits might trigger zone 1 (cup). Unfortunately soft(er) cup hits result in relatively hard bow triggers since the resulting signal looks the same.

The original idea was to discriminate the 2 zones by signal waveform comparison, however, the cymbals don't produce a consistent signal for this. So that's why it's now done based on signal strength (which is around 12 dB higher on the cup, the resulting trig signal is of course compensated for this).

Deve.

Manfred

Quote from: Deve Loper on July 12, 2010, 10:01:18 AM

About the cymbal zone issue, I know it's a compromise. But with the cymbals as they are, it's the best thing.

Does this mean the cymbals will be changed to get a real 3-zone-cymbal? Or do the current 2Box owners have to live with the 2.5-zone-cymbals?

Manfred