News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

OS v1.10

Started by Dagger, June 24, 2010, 08:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puttenvr

There is no problem, but (for some users) additional info is necessary so it's not just publishing one file on the site

AA_

Quote from: rythm on June 27, 2010, 04:29:12 PM
AA: I´m sure Dagger meant this coming week (starting tomorrow) since he posted the 24th and 25th is a holiday here in Sweden.  ;)

one week later ...
is still holiday in sweden? :D

rythm

Quote from: AA_ on July 02, 2010, 08:04:52 AM
one week later ...
is still holiday in sweden? :D

I saw a reasonable explanation and wrote it, simple as that.

AA_

any explanations? news?

Remi

They are not ready yet ;D

Manfred

Quote from: AA_ on July 06, 2010, 12:53:19 PM
any explanations? news?

No explanations but I guess we just have to wait a few more days, weeks, or months. Remember how long they needed to release a unusable sound editor that has less features than a third party editor.

No news about the OS and also no news about the sound editor. As an 2Box user you have to wait and hope that they get it managed someday   ;D

Manfred

spoenk

i rather wait and wait than have no alternative to roland and yamaha kits!
it was a good kit from the start and it is getting better even if not as fast as one would wish ...

the editor is very basic and lacks many functions, but how is it unusable?? i've made lots of fun samles with it ...

Baby Samus

2Box have made no official announcements about when the next O/S version will arrive as far as I can see, so why can't everyone just wait patiently?  It will be ready when its ready.  We've had roughly 4 updates since the kit was released, which works out at one update per 3 months.  Is it just me or is getting a quarterly update actually quite good service, especially for such a small company? 

Manfred

Quote from: Baby Samus on July 07, 2010, 03:03:39 PM
2Box have made no official announcements about when the next O/S version will arrive as far as I can see, so why can't everyone just wait patiently?  It will be ready when its ready.  We've had roughly 4 updates since the kit was released, which works out at one update per 3 months.  Is it just me or is getting a quarterly update actually quite good service, especially for such a small company? 

Four updates since the release and still having a serious bug is not quite good in my opinion. I reckon the cymbal-bug is why many users don't want to wait patiently.

Quote from: spoenk
the editor is very basic and lacks many functions, but how is it unusable?? i've made lots of fun samles with it ...

I agree that it is ok for making some fun samples. But with the editor you can only make single zone sound. This means it is impossible to make sounds for cymbals or hihat. Or just try to make a sound with 20, 30, or more samples. It is an imposition and far away from being user-friendly.

Manfred

Baby Samus

2Box have already stated that the next O/S update will address this 'serious bug', and deliver a lot more functionality to the module - so we already know they have identified the problem and are trying to fix it.  Complaining will not make it come any faster.  We have to have patience, in fact we have no choice.  Also the sound editor is only in the beta stage, I'm hoping they are working to make the full release have more functionality - as Manfred mentions DSoundTool already has more features...

eyerichards

Yee Haa!! Version 1.10 is here guys.!!!!!
While your all asleep in the Northern hemisphere the southern boys have new tools to play with  ;D make your way to the 2box site A.S.A.P  :rock:

nonoduweb

Yep!  :rock: Great improvements!

For the cymbals, it's difficult to play the cup slowly but with practice and a good gain level the results are better than before: the zone of the cup is well recognized.

Other features : metronome, effect, 8 outputs, Remix channel, envelope.... ;D

What is the interest to put both the metronome and a song in the Remix channel because we can use only one of them?

Edit: the drumit five editor is not compatible with the new Dkit file.

viina

ohhoooo!!!!!!!!! very great news!!
I already feel that I´m getting "ill" and must leave my work earlier today ;D
must try new stuff soon as possible.

roel

Quote from: viina on July 08, 2010, 10:13:41 AM
ohhoooo!!!!!!!!! very great news!!
I already feel that I´m getting "ill" and must leave my work earlier today ;D
must try new stuff soon as possible.

yes I've got it! in my 2box module! its amazing!

hwasser

Is it just me who have problem with the metronome? When I press play no metronome sounds appear. Cant make the metronome play =/