News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

OS v1.10

Started by Dagger, June 24, 2010, 08:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dagger

Hi,

I've been i contact with Bengt from 2box (via mail). The new software will be available this week!

Some other info (also from the conversation with Bengt):
A new version of the editor will be available after the summer (no date specified)
Separate pads/cymbals will be available for purchase after the summer (again no date specified)

I also asked about the build quality of the current kit (i have some problems with a broken rim and a few other issues) and he mentioned that there will be some changes to the kit, but spare parts will off course be available for the "older" kits

Now i'm off to celebrate midsummer here in Sweden..

rythm

Thanks, did you get any info about news and changes in the new OS?
Happy midsummer from the westcoast!

Dagger

I know that they will address the cymbal issues (since this was what i asked about). Other than that we´ll just have to wait and see ;-)

hwasser

Perfect, will test next week (after midsommar)!

Mr.Developer also said the metronome and some other things were done.

rythm

That´s great news!

Manfred

At an other thread Deve loper wrote something about the new OS:

What I can say about the next OS 1.10:
- metronome
- drum channels assignable to any of 8 outputs (or any 4 output pairs)
- undo / redo in kit and unit mode
  (not step-by-step, just switch between what is in edit buffer and what is saved)
- browse by folder
- attack, hold, decay envelope (very nice for making gated sounds)
- multitap delay
- VU meter on mix page
- initialize unit and kits from backup file

and also:

Quote from: Deve Loper on April 11, 2010, 09:22:32 AM
Hi.

The next OS will have different cymbal trig routines.
The sensing of cup versus bow was based on waveform analysis.
This relies on the cymbals having a consistent behaviour regarding the differences in waveform when being hit on the cup and bow.
(The edge trigger zone is always detected by a switch).
However, this system didn't prove reliable enough.
So instead the cup zone will now be detected by the fact that it has a much higher signal level (since it's right on top of the piezo). When the trig gain is at minimum, medium to hard hits on the the cup will trigger the cup zone, any hit on the bow will trigger the bow zone. However, weak hits on the cup will be interpreted as relatively hard bow hits.
In practice it turns out to play quite well, specially since bow will always be bow. Just make sure to play the cup relatively strong.

This change will make it easier for other cymbals to be used too. Generally they will (should) have an even signal level all over the surface, so if the sensitivity is set correctly, other cymbals should at least have a correct bow trigger, and if they have a edge switch, that should work too.

Regards,

Deve.

Manfred

AA_

Quote from: Dagger on June 24, 2010, 08:49:41 AM
(...)
I've been i contact with Bengt from 2box (via mail). The new software will be available this week!
(...)

what year?

Remi

Quote from: AA_ on June 26, 2010, 08:21:36 AM
what year?

? this week !!!
Is that possible in an other year??

AA_

Quote from: Remi on June 26, 2010, 06:33:20 PM
? this week !!!
Is that possible in an other year??

with 2Box anything is possible ;)
have you seen the update in this week?

rythm

AA: I´m sure Dagger meant this coming week (starting tomorrow) since he posted the 24th and 25th is a holiday here in Sweden.  ;)

hwasser

Dagger

Well, i assume he referred to last week. I will send him a new mail and ask for a status update.

Scottie

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to assure you that the update is nearly here. The website is being worked on at the moment, and should be finished any day now.

The update is well worth the wait as it has some great new features, which i am sure will make the kit even more enjoyable for you to play.

Thanks for your time
Scott

rythm

Quote from: Scottie on June 28, 2010, 08:09:41 PM
Hi Everyone

I just wanted to assure you that the update is nearly here. The website is being worked on at the moment, and should be finished any day now.

The update is well worth the wait as it has some great new features, which i am sure will make the kit even more enjoyable for you to play.

Thanks for your time
Scott

Great, thanks for the info!

AA_

Quote from: Scottie on June 28, 2010, 08:09:41 PM
The website is being worked on at the moment, and should be finished any day now.

this is a farce and ridiculous. We do not need a new website. we need a bugfix soon for the cymbal-problem!
where is the problem, upload this file for us? thanks.