News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Updating Di5 OS to 1.32 discussion

Started by paolob, September 12, 2018, 09:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paolob

Hi jman, I saw that the new os 1.32 came out.

I have a question, with your change, how do I upgrade?
Is it enough to copy the two files (DrumItOS1.32.0.bin and globalconfig.dcfg) to the 32 GB SD card?
Is the update done automatically or do I have to do something special?

Thanks if you can answer me

Paolo  :animal:

paulf707

Yep - that's all you need to do. The Drumit automatically loads the latest OS (and I think there's a button you can press on boot up to allow you to select an older one if you need to - but you can just delete the OS from the card anyway).

I renamed the old dcfg file 'just in case' - but you could just overwrite it.....

Jman

Quote from: paolob on September 12, 2018, 09:31:06 PM
Hi jman, I saw that the new os 1.32 came out.

I have a question, with your change, how do I upgrade?
Is it enough to copy the two files (DrumItOS1.32.0.bin and globalconfig.dcfg) to the 32 GB SD card?
Is the update done automatically or do I have to do something special?

Thanks if you can answer me

Paolo  :animal:
As paulf707 mentioned you can just put the two files on the card. Note that those files have to go to the Root of the card otherwise they will probably not be seen. FYI though, it is always a good idea to keep a backup of all your previous module or card before doing updates .... First thing I always do is back up the entire content of the module/card ..... That is the best practice ..... plenty of 2Box owners have found out the hard way after messing things up that it is really good to have a backup.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Jman

Just for everyone's info. All Stealth 2Box card mod kits always come with the latest 2Box OS .... so any Stealth Drumit Five Card Mod kit that has shipped since the official update release does have that new OS. I have actually been running the beta of that new OS for several months, but was not authorized to release it until it was final. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

paolob

Thank you for your always very comprehensive answers. You are really myths

:rock:

ANGR77

Hi!
Just quick a note...please backup your globalconfig.dcfg before upgrading. This file includes your trigger settings and will work directly with 1.32 if coming from 1.3x version.

If just replacing the current dcfg on the card file with the included in the 1.32 bios...your trigger settings will be lost.

So it seems like just copy the drumitos1320.bin file to the SD card is enough. (Also mentioned in the manual)

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

paulf707

Thanks Anders!
I assumed the trigger settings were in the dkit file - that's good to know....

paolob

Excuse my ignorance ... So the steps to do are these?

- Save the globalconfig.dcfg file that I have on the SD in a PC folder
- Copy the two downloaded files DrumItOS1.32.0.bin and globalconfig.dcfg into the SD card
- Replace the globalconfig.dcfg file that I had previously saved in the SD card

It's right ? Or is the procedure to be done another?

paulf707

Yep - that sounds about right.
Based on Anders post above, that process may reset your trigger settings back to default.
I don't see any reason why you shouldn't just copy over the OS .bin only first, and try that. If it works OK then you can leave all your existing trigger settings in place.
At the end of the day, it's all just files on the SD card - as long as you have backups of previous versions, you always 'roll back' if the outcome is unexpected or unwanted.

paolob

JRage

If you copy just DrumItOS1.32.0.bin toDrumitFive module, the previous trigger settings will be preserved, the module will the new OS, but you'll also keep the original DrumitFive 100 kits. Therefore, to use newly downloaded sounds, you'll have to manually create new dkit files which will then appear as single kits. .

When you copy also the new globalconfig file, apart from other settings it will also bring the whole set of DrumitThree kits to you module.

At least such was my experience.
Posted by some mistake.

edcito

according to the manual, the globalconfig.dcfg file is an "Index file, which is required for Mac operating systems" so I don't see how it's related to other settings...

JRage

Quote from: edcito on September 21, 2018, 02:24:15 PM
according to the manual, the globalconfig.dcfg file is an "Index file, which is required for Mac operating systems" so I don't see how it's related to other settings...

I see that in manual, but as I wrote, the was just my experience. I tried thrice: once with new globalconfig version then with previous (noted all my settings), then back with new. First time all settings (triggers, volumes, outputs, etc.) changed to default plus drumkit list changed to DrumitThree. With old globalconfig file the settings changed back to my customized and drumkits  - to original Drumit Five 100 kits + my single kits.
Posted by some mistake.