News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit 3 with Yamaha X120SD/TP120SD pad

Started by welshsteve, July 13, 2018, 12:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnipeDrums

I have the settings all basically good for me. Some of the functions are not clear in the manual about saving module settings but I quickly picked it up.

Someone wrote regarding anyone who had owned a DTXTreme 1 or 2 would do well with this module is correct. Its a quick learning curve. 

I love the RHH135 but it is possible I might switch back to the VH11, my RHH is long in the tooth and it may be retired to fixed hat status. Not sure yet.

I thought I had heard crackling when playing but it was just noise from some of the stock samples.

Thinking of tearing apart the module tonight and doing the 32gb card mod.

When they made this module they definitely had some of us in mind, this module is all about customization and setting it up for your sounds and your style of play.

edcito

What about the xp100 as toms? I see in the manual on page 45 that the PaPSY supports 3 zones for the snare but for the toms is not crossed, do they support 3 zones as well?

edtc

Quote from: edcito on August 08, 2018, 02:52:07 PM
What about the xp100 as toms? I see in the manual on page 45 that the PaPSY supports 3 zones for the snare but for the toms is not crossed, do they support 3 zones as well?
nope , just snare & cymbals

edcito

I thought so, well, who needs a 3 zone tom anyway... imagine a 3 pads cable splitter hahaha

welshsteve

I am pretty sure a splitter wouldn't work anyway. The same way that a different trigger cannot trigger the bell on cymbal input B. The 2nd and 3rd zone of the PsY setting is done via a switch and not a piezo.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

edcito

Yeah, I was thinking in roland terms, right now I'm splitting the toms 1 and 2 so I can add a splash and china with a simple hosa splitter cable, works like a charm. But you still get 2 zones out of the yammie pads right?

KnipeDrums

When I split the toms I had to change the setting to piezo/piezo so the Tom and the othe Tom were just the heads were triggering. Simply put when you split the toms the Yammie tp100’s turn into single trigger pads. At least that’s what I got when following the manual.

Maybe if you keep the Yamaha 3 zone setting you may get 2 zones but that was not my experience. Tom

edcito

@welshsteve: wich midi note is sent when hitting the xstick zone of your yamaha snare? In the drumit 3 Manual it says nothing about the 3 Zone Snares midi notes, only for the 2 zones center and rimshot (1, 8) but I just opened a 3 zone stock snare in dsoundtool and it shows the xstick as zone 7!

edcito

Quote from: edcito on August 12, 2018, 02:03:58 PM
@welshsteve: wich midi note is sent when hitting the xstick zone of your yamaha snare? In the drumit 3 Manual it says nothing about the 3 Zone Snares midi notes, only for the 2 zones center and rimshot (1 and eight) but I just opened a 3 zone stock snare in dsoundtool and it shows the xstick as zone 7!

ANGR77

Do anybody know how the X120SD - 3 zone pad is configured?

Is it dual piezos + switch or Piezo + switch + switch?

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

welshsteve

I believe it's piezo/switch/switch

Piezo - pad, switch - near rim and switch - farthest rim. Other than that all I know it works a charm!!! Totally clear separation with good dynamics on all 3 zones!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

KnipeDrums

It is Piezeo/Switch/Switch for all of the Yamaha TP and XP series pads.