News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Loose Screw - Steps to take Drumit 3 apart?

Started by 96max5sp, June 11, 2018, 05:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

96max5sp

Hi Guys,

I have a 2box Drumit 3 and realized there is a loose screw in it (card mod was already done but not by me). Does anyone have pics/instructions on how to just take the top off so i can get the screw and put it back in place? I just want to make sure i don't damage anything before taking it apart. I did unscrew the 4 screws but wasn't sure if there is any special way to take it apart after this step as it still seemed to take some force to take apart and didn't want to break anything.

Thanks!

edtc

Cibercronico

You will need to take off EVERYTHING.

The knobs (just pull them up), ALL of the little nuts on the input jacks (a pair of pliers to get them loose and then just your fingers), the 4 little Phillips screws over the MIDI jacks, and the 4 T10 TORX screws (which you already know about).

Once inside (if needed) you can use the T10 driver to remove all of the screws mounting the board (I think there were 10 of them). But that's only necessary if you need to access the SD-Card, I think.

It's actually quite simple, but don't try forcing anything. It should come apart very easily if you remove everything correctly.