News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Will it work one day ?

Started by thomas, May 29, 2010, 03:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rythm

Quote from: Insider on July 19, 2010, 06:13:23 PM
Hello Thomas
I think you should start to tell everyone the truth. You have been offered a brand new kit of the next shipment when it arrives next month. This will also have the brilliant new stand. It is a shame you haven't told anyone on this forum that piece of information. Maybe it could be that you just want to try and damage 2Box?

Is this true, Thomas? You will get a new kit free of charge and still complain?

spoenk

i've had my kit for 9 month now...only one problem with a loose trigger connection (resoldering was not that hard) ... i'm not having any troubles, just customizing it a bit ...

Baby Samus

Quote from: rythm on July 20, 2010, 02:01:16 PM

Is this true, Thomas? You will get a new kit free of charge and still complain?

If that is true, I can't see any reason to complain - a brand new kit with a newly designed rack and no charge?  Sounds like a good deal to me.  I know Thomas says this has been going on for many months and of course that is not too good, but surely this offer to him shows the honour of 2Box as a company and good customer care  ???

rythm

Quote from: Baby Samus on July 20, 2010, 03:07:27 PM
If that is true, I can't see any reason to complain - a brand new kit with a newly designed rack and no charge?  Sounds like a good deal to me.  I know Thomas says this has been going on for many months and of course that is not too good, but surely this offer to him shows the honour of 2Box as a company and good customer care  ???

Exactly what I´m thinking...

p929

Quote from: Baby Samus on July 20, 2010, 03:07:27 PM

Quote from: rythm on July 20, 2010, 05:05:42 PM
Exactly what I´m thinking...

Hey guys,

for all of us who are able to play our kits everyday, it sounds a nice deal, and it really shows the compromise of the company (compromise or responsability??)... but for someone who paid such amount of money might not (yeah...it's cheap for its features..but it still expensive..). Eventually he'll get a set 10 months later. I know that 2box has not a bunch of kits to replace inmediately when these kind of things happen...but wouldn't you be pissed off also if sth like that happened to you?

rythm

Quote from: p929 on July 22, 2010, 05:41:20 PM
Hey guys,

for all of us who are able to play our kits everyday, it sounds a nice deal, and it really shows the compromise of the company (compromise or responsability??)... but for someone who paid such amount of money might not (yeah...it's cheap for its features..but it still expensive..). Eventually he'll get a set 10 months later. I know that 2box has not a bunch of kits to replace inmediately when these kind of things happen...but wouldn't you be pissed off also if sth like that happened to you?

I would be pissed off - IF the problem was not solved. Bit Insider claim Thomas hets a brand new mig, and he keep complaining. Now, if that's true I think he should stop whining.

Manfred

Quote from: thomas on July 18, 2010, 07:59:11 PM

May be I will receive a new kit between august and september but I've bought it in october 2009!

Quote from: Insider

You have been offered a brand new kit of the next shipment when it arrives next month.

For me both statements fit together. Thomas said he will receive a new kit between august and september and Insider said almost the same. So maybe we let him be "pissed off" one more month and wait what happens?!?

rythm

Manfred: No problems for me. I´m perfectly ok with people having different opinions.
And  feel sorry for the guy if he got a kit that have had several problems from the start.
I just got tired reading the same complaints over and over though he says he´s gonna get a new kit.

I believe saying things like DrumIt wouldn´t work until model six isn´t serious.
And just dissing the company who apparently will give the guy a brand new kit (next shipment could mean the new rack included?) is a bit low.

Hopefully he will get things sorted out and be happy in the end :)

thomas

Here we go again,
Some of you seem not to understand why I complain.
Did I lie?
I even read from someone who doesn't know me that I'm a violent kid.
Do you nonsense or what?
Is it not objective to tell what happened for me even if it's difficult to hear.
People who know me know that I'm careful and didn't I say that my old dtx press 1 still works? my old piano I got at 5 years old too, even if it has been beaten sometimes.
Of course I didn't have so much drumlessons I would have wanted. May be madmanidon't know what is a genius drummer but what kind of person can say "look at me I've got the way and no more to learn" and pretend to practice a discipline correctly?
Some of you think that I receive a new kit and it's ok.
I've known it since the end of june for august. Did I lie?
Where is it?
Is it to phone to my dealer or to me to say it's ok you can sleep for one year and it's cool that some of you call working hard to resolve this situation ?
Is it not easier to phone to the factory to say send him a kit?
For one year I only see bla bla bla.
And I read I'm not objective.
What is objective is that the kit isn't reliable. Even a beginner kit doesn't break from each part each 2 hours.
What is objective is that I will wait again, and may be I will receive a new kit probably next year and I will have to sell it to get back my money and return to square one.
So I've been clearly defrauded and I will have to defraud someone else to get back my money.
And some of you think it's a shame I take things this way, probably 2box members...
I would like to see how those people would take things in this situation. May be they could lend me their kit untill I get a new one. I'm not sure they would go on saying
"whaow! what a good deal" with no money and no kit.
I would like to know how a musician with not a lot of money could make concerts, repetition or jam session in this situation.
How would it happen for a famous drummer? : " hello! the kit I promote for you broke and I have to play with it tonight"
"ok don't move give us 12 hours".
Of course people I made sick are no so sick than me...!

Evy

I dunno....I'm not the first person to feel there is something odd about this thread.  To have one kit so horribly bad in every way?  I've been playing drums for 30 years and have had every e-kit starting with a huge Simmons kit in the 80's.  I'm a heavy hitter too, using 5B's.  This kit can take it. Broken aluminum rims?  What are you hitting it with? Is there anything you like about the kit?  I understand no product can satisfy everyone, but all the breakdowns you claim to suffer make me wonder a little.  Why didn't you take it back to the store for a refund in the very begining? 

thomas

hello evy,
My rim have never been in aluminium, the aluminium one were made in the preproduction kit and they have been broken by other customers. My kit was made with polycarbonate rims and they broke too, not only for me. Of course I returned the kit to the store at the beginning.Of course I know that every products can have start problems.
Of course I can't understand to be taken for a ride for one year.
Where is the guarantee?
Did you read the thread from the beginning, or the first one I wrote?
I used to play with 6a sticks on accoustic drum, signature stick like 5b on dtx press and 5a on 2box.
Of course it's very odd.
And it's only after all the other troubles I had that the rim broke.It's because of this last problem which is a major problem for me that I decided not to insist.
How could I replace my rim every day if more than to be absent, the distridutor sabotage the kit when he says "we will test again your kit and replace the snare and the 3 toms".
What do I have to understand when I hear that they have all separate parts but that they can't make a kit with them...?
My kit was never like a kit that goes out from the factory.
What do you think I do for one year with no drum and no money ?
I begun to be confident and now I'm fed up, who shouldn't.

Evy

If everything you say is true then  of course you have a right to be upset, but your experience seem to be unlike everyone here on the 2Box forum...which of course is why people are questioning you.  I hope 2Box gets you the new kit soon.  From my point of view, this is the best e-kit for the money hands down.  Like i asked, is there anything you like about the 2Box kit?

hwasser

Evy: It is not that weird to have a new thing breaking down fast. New things are made in china by people who haven't a real electricy education, but they work fast och cheap. So some things work and some wont those days:

I bought a new motherboard for a friends computer, and it was dead from beginning, so it got replaced. I bought a TV that broked after just a few month (the display started frooze och flimmering). I bought a pair of mobile mp3-speakers, the input was broke on the first one, got it replaced, then the second ones usb-input broke (!?) so got it replaced again, now its working really good.

I'm not defending the delay 2box or the shop tortured Thomas with, I'm just saying sometimes you just have really bad luck with new things, I'm usually one of those guys who have bad luch with new bought things. My 2box kit however have never had any problems at all, and several people drum on it (and I drum almost every day now). Having it in homestudio in which I record several friends rock/hardcore/metal bands and it survives and doesn't get a scratch :p.

Evy

hwasser...Ummm, I gues it could be considered relatively normal for something new to break down.  It's not something I notice a pattern in when buying stuff, and I have all the household items, newish computer, flat screen tv, all brand new appliances and now the 2Box.
Unlucky?  WHo knows.  I NEVER have a problem with my electronics.  Most things are easily replaced/warrantee etc.  2Box should be no different.  I hardly think we can sit here and blame China.  If you look around your house you'll notice most things are made there from your light switches to your tv.  Is you entire house breaking down?  My 2Box as well...no probs with the electronics, just a black rim issue that does not impede the performance.  It just seems odd to me that Thomas has sooo many problems in one kit, it's tough to swallow.  And if 2box is doing what it can, then fine.

Baby Samus

Yes I would agree with your statement about China.  They have far superior manufacturing facilities to many countries including the U.K, and obviously coupled with cheaper labour it makes sense for companies to have their equipment built there.  Its not the 80's any more lol  ;).

What troubles me about this story is that it still is not clear who is causing the issue for Thomas, the distributor he bought the kit from or 2Box themselves.  I can accept that Thomas may have gotten a kit that has many broken parts - this seems perfectly possible and not sure why he would lie about it.  It is also true to say that most of us have not had the same problems as Thomas, therefore we know the majority of kits are working well enough that most of us are satisfied.

If the distributor is the problem, then this is not really to do with 2Box and just bad luck that Thomas has gotten a poor kit and poor service.

If however 2Box are not being forthcoming with assistance, then indeed it is down to them.

So Thomas, where do you think the problem is - 2Box or the distributor?  We can say for sure that many kits are working fine, so you just need it replaced - who is at fault here?